Hotel Las Casas de la Judería and question re pool

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2009, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking to spend three nights here late October. Looks like a great hotel, central and price is not out of line for us. However $27 for breakfast? Should I just find a small cafe or is it a buffet not to be missed?

Also I've been looking at hotels that have pools (ronda, granada, seville). Should I even bother in late October??

thanks
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 06:36 AM

For 27$ PP you can get a great lunch or dinner somewhere!!!

I think the $$$ is too much for breakfast.
Unless the buffet is included in the price, go elsewhere for breakfast.
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 07:04 AM

Why don't you just look at it when you are there and decide for yourself. The problem is that some people would pay that and others would not, regardless of what it consisted of or how great it was. I wouldn't pay 19 euro for a breakfast if it had gold dust sprinkled on it. There isn't anything it could consist of that would make it worth that money to me. You obviously think there is some kind of food that you would be willing to pay that much for breakfast, so probably the best thing is to decide for yourself. I don't eat a lot for breakfast and even if it were a lot of food and expensive food, I simply wouldn't care. I don't want to eat a lot at that time of day. In any case, the location of that hotel is not far from places to eat, so altnernatives are not a problem, I do know that. However, if you like to eat a lot, that actually could be a good deal for you as you may pay five euro in a cafe for a continental breakfast.
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 10:33 PM

In late October I've seen people from Northern Europe still taking a dip in a pool, but the air temperature when you get out is colder, and will prevent you from lying in the sun unless it happens to be one of the warmer days.

In Ronda there are four hotels with a pool, Parador, Reina Victoria, Enfrente Arte, and Alavera de los Baños.

As for the price of breakfast you quote, well here in Ronda that would be unheard of, and is more than I would expect to pay for a decent tapas dinner. 7 or 8€ for breakfast is the most I would pay, and I would expect a cooked breakfast, not just cereals and toast.

Hope that helps,
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 10:51 PM

Many pools clsoe the end of September or even earlier. If you are looking for a pool, write the hotel and ask about the closing date as it may not even be available nor heated, of course. (Unless it is indoor)

27E breakfast? Across the plaza there are plenty of places, including a churros outlet, so for about 3-5 euros you can have the works elsewhere.