Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel LaResidenza - sent deposit, no room available, kept my money

Mar 21st, 2000, 07:44 PM
Tim Thurston

A Fodor's highly recommended sight - sent cash deposit ($250 check) - check cashed - no room available even 3 1/2 moths before anticipated arrival - so far, two months later after numerous inquiries have not received the return of my deposit. They responded 1 time only over a month ago that they would return the deposit - nothing yet.

Tim Thurston
[email protected]

Mar 21st, 2000, 07:46 PM
Tim Thurston

For clarification - this hotel (La Residenza) is in Rome.

Mar 22nd, 2000, 04:09 AM
Tim Thurston

I now finally have a message from the hotel that my "check is in the mail". Will update when received.

Mar 24th, 2000, 11:48 AM
Maria

Hey Tim, I'm curious to know did you reserve via the internet or did you contact them directly? I'm planning a trip to Rome in the Fall 2001. After some research, I decided Hotel LaResidenza is where I'd like to stay.

Please advise on how things work out. Hope you get your money back.

Mar 24th, 2000, 12:32 PM
joseph cameron

Tim - Strongly suggest you contact [email protected], which handles Leonardi Hotels. Check out the Genio. We just got back from Rome, and their service was perfect. Everything handled via internet. No screw-ups at all. And check out www.scalareale for guide services and moderate restaurant suggestions. You will be delighted. Send me an e-mail if you need more details. My wife and I decided this was one of our best vacations ever, and her sister and husband travelling with us praised my arrangements. And they can be very critical people!!! Good luck. Joe