Hotel La Tour de Notre Dame

Old Apr 25th, 2003, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hotel La Tour de Notre Dame

My daughter's College graduation will be celebrated in Paris the second week of May. Her first trip to Europe, my second, she understands and speaks a little French, I have no command of the language. We will be arriving on VE day (5/8) via Air France. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. Our hotel is located Blvd St Germain and rue St Jacques, Arrondissement 5. Thank you...
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 11:21 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome to the forum, js77ed.

If you have specific questions, people would be more than happy to help.

Until then, have you explored the information provided by Fodors (under DESTINATIONS above)? Or limit the search to FRANCE above, and scroll through some posts that catch your eye.
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you, I have read through numerous published accounts (edited by people who sit behind desks). I am more interested in recent travel experiences and advice. Such as, since I am arriving on a holiday, I guess I should have some Euro's handy to tip my driver and hotel staff. Thanks for replying to my post.
Old Apr 25th, 2003, 12:33 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Having some euro before you leave might be important, but probably not. The atm's in the airport work 24/7. Someone can get money while someone waits for luggage.
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 10:01 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Latin Quarter's a fantastic neighborhood to stay in! I've only been in Paris once but had no problems and do not speak any French.

Personally I'd spring for a taxi from the airport. A bit of a luxury but split between two people, and after getting off a (transatlantic? I'm guessing) flight, well worth it.

I normally wait until I arrive to change money or use an ATM.

What other kinds of suggestions or advice are you looking for, I'm not sure from your post?