Hotel Krasnapolsky in Amsterdam

Aug 26th, 2001, 06:40 AM
Gina

Hotel Krasnapolsky in Amsterdam

Expedia has a price for this hotel $123 per night in February. Should we take it? I could not find any posts regarding this hotel. Anyone stayed there? What do you think about location and price?

Aug 26th, 2001, 07:32 AM
Al

`Grab it. The Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky faces Amsterdam's Dam Square, one of the main gathering places in central Amsterdam. Excellent location, deluxe quarters.

Aug 26th, 2001, 08:21 AM
Ellen

Lodging in Amsterdam tends to be quite expensive. I stayed at this hotel and paid at least twice this rate you are quoted but it was in high season. I think it is a very good price but make sure it includes taxes as VAT added after that could inflate your bill quite a bit.
Ellen

Aug 26th, 2001, 08:45 AM
ger

Great hotel, Gina - very "lux". Four years ago, I paid twice that to stay there!

Aug 26th, 2001, 09:25 AM
Leslie

A friend of mine stayed at the Hotel Krasnapolsky last year and was very disappointed. And she was on an expense account, so price did not matter. She said a more appropriate name for the hotel is the Hotel KRAPapolsky. Most hotels in Amsterdam are within walking distance of everything. I stayed at the Jolly Carlton, next to the flower market, which was an awesome hotel with a great buffet breakfast. It was about $80 per night in season for a double. The staff was very accommodating. My friend, actually said I stayed in a nicer hotel.

Aug 26th, 2001, 10:27 AM
Gerard

We stayed in this hotel two weeks ago and it is in an excellent locations. We loved it. Would stay again. We paid $300 per night. Just get it and have a great time

Aug 26th, 2001, 12:31 PM
Larisa

We stayed there 2 years ago, paid the same price which I have found as a great deal on travelnow.com.
Location is superb - central to all main sights, the service was perfect. Would stay there again.

Aug 28th, 2001, 05:16 PM
Virginia

I have stayed there. That is a great price for what you will get, I paid much more for a room during a week when A'dam was sold out, more than $300, & I booked at the last minute.
The location is central, but not beautiful. The hotel is a very up to date luxurious business traveller's kind of hotel, with marble on all surfaces where it can be put, plenty of fax machines, etc.
I didn't like it though there is nothing wrong with it. I don't like the Damnrak/Dam Square area, it is not horrible but it is not serene, as many places in A'dam are.
My own preferences, for what they are worth, are for the Ambassade or the Pulitzer, and then I have heard repeatedly that the Canal House is wonderful. (I have been to A'dam maybe six times, for what it's worth, my brother lived there for several years.)
These hotels are on major canals and provide you more of an experience of the water-city that A'dam is. Krasnopolsky puts you more in touch with the bustling aspect. It is a small city so wherever you are you are near everything else, however.

Aug 29th, 2001, 05:03 AM
Mika

Be careful, the rooms differ a lot. If you don't like it, complain, they chane it. Is's well situated, but not a luxury hotel. There are better ones in Amsterdam. Definitely.

Oct 21st, 2001, 09:31 AM
ger

topping for fifer

Oct 21st, 2001, 01:34 PM
Grandma

Another vote for the Pulitzer.