Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Julia in Rome - anyone been there or around the area?

Nov 5th, 2000, 11:39 AM
Lori

Hi everyone -

This is my 3rd posting concerning hotels in Rome. Thanks to all who have responded already. I never knew this would be such a hard choice! I've found a place called the Hotel Julia which is located in the Via Rasella - quite close to Quirinale and Via Veneto. How is this area? It looks as if it's in a good location - close to Trevi Fountain, but if anyone has stayed in or around there - could you please tell me your thoughts? Thanks once again!!

Nov 5th, 2000, 12:38 PM
elizabeth

Hi Lori - I topped a message titled "has anyone heard of this hotel/B&B in Rome - It's about the hotel Julia. Also you can find other comments by searching under "Julia".

Nov 6th, 2000, 09:34 PM
richardab

IThe area should be good. But if you want something a lot more central try the Hotel Due Torri. I have pics and info about it on my websight

Its not completely finished but the Rome path is ready>

http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab/

Follow the path Enter>Fly>Europe>Rome

Nov 7th, 2000, 01:49 AM
wein

hi lori,i stayed in hotel julia for my honeymoon last yr.it's a nice clean quiet hotel,value for money ITL200000, good location (near via veneto) rooms are big by european stds and there are 2 fantastic restaurants nearby.1 of them is called buca maria or something.the other is just next door.lots of locals eat there!e-mail me if you want.

Nov 7th, 2000, 12:25 PM
Lori

Thanks everyone!! I've booked it (finally!) and am really looking forward to our trip

Nov 8th, 2000, 03:41 PM
donna t

Lori, would you be so kind to e-mail
the phone # and website if one for Hotel Julia? Going to Rome for Thanksgiving and looking for hotel. Don't know if I will get a chance to check the form in next couple days. Also the rate and any other useful info you obtained...Grazie

Nov 9th, 2000, 07:25 AM
John

Hi Lori,
We're booked in the julia for next June. Let me know how it turns out.
Buon Viaggio
John

Nov 9th, 2000, 07:31 AM
Sandy

Hello all,
I have stayed at the Hotel Julia twice before and will be returning again this Thanksgiving. It has been remodeled and is a very good value. The area is close to the metro and some of the classic sites, and the staff is very friendly. I have made a few hotel mistakes in Rome, and haven't since finding the Hotel Julia. I can definitely recommend it. As a female who was by herself, I never felt uncomfortable returning to the area or walking around at night.