Hotel Josef and other Prague hotels...

Sep 5th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Original Poster

Hotel Josef and other Prague hotels...

Has anyone stayed in Hotel Josef?

Has anyone stayed in a nice hotel in the city center that has a pool/spa they could recommend?

Thanks!
Sep 6th, 2005, 02:44 AM
Original Poster

Sep 6th, 2005, 04:21 AM

Hotel Josef has a pool/spa??? It is VERY rare for a hotel in a medieval area of a city to have one.

Most buildings were not built to accomodate a pool until the 1800's.

Anyway, I have not stayed there but have nothing but positive reviews of the Hotel Joseph here on Fodor's.
Sep 6th, 2005, 05:09 AM

I stayed at Hotel Josef this past July. Great location, very comfortable room, nice linens, excellent service. Each afternoon they would leave a fruit bowl and small bottle of win in the room. I was scheduled to stay there my entire time in Prague but when I first arrived the hotel was having trouble with its smoke detectors. They had re-booked me into the Hotel Pariz (sounds like Par-ische) which was also very nice, well-located and does have a spa. Josef is extremey modern, Paris is art-deco. I would happily stay in either one.
Sep 6th, 2005, 05:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!

I don't think Hotel Josef has a pool or anything, my boyfriend really wants to stay somewhere with a pool and I'm doing my best to find a hote in the city center with a pool, but Hotel Josef is the back up if I can't. The Hotel Pariz sounds pretty nice though.
Sep 6th, 2005, 10:44 AM

Some of the more modern 4-5* hotels have pools. The Hilton and Intercontinental do (both near the river, I'd choose IC as more convenient location not too far from the Jewish Museum area and the bridge). The Marriott and Renaissance are newly renovated interiors of some older buildings near Namesti Republicky metro and they have pools. They are very near the Pariz, actually. I'd choose the Renaissance probably among those.

There are a couple cheaper hotels with pools, not as nice of course -- the Axa near Florenc metro is a 3* and used to be about the only hotel in the center with a pool. It's on the same street as the Renaissance, actually, just enough farther east that I wouldn't call it as nice or convenient a location, but it's not that bad. Of course that hotel isn't as nice as the 4-5* ones.

The 3* Novotel also has a pool, I think it's near Wenceslas Square.