Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Hotel /Inn recommendation in or near Annecy?
Notices

Hotel /Inn recommendation in or near Annecy?

Sep 21st, 2016, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

Hotel /Inn recommendation in or near Annecy?

I've never been to Annecy ( Chambery is closest) and am unfamiliar with the town. Is Annecy your preference over Chamonix if it isn't ski season? I need a hotel/Inn that is family friendly ( one child) with parking. Thank you In advance for your suggestions.
Sep 21st, 2016, 04:55 PM

I just stayed at the Hotel Splendid last week. It's a 3 *. Not great but fine. I guess my big issue was the hair on my bed after I removed the bed drape. Don't know why any hotel has those useless things. Yuck. I cleaned the bed. They have parking nearby, I believe. You can park in front of the hotel to unload/load luggage so that is a plus.

Told them I did not want housekeeping but they did it on the 3rd day anyway, changed my sheets, and the bed was much better this time around. They did not replace the bed drape.

It is a really good location.

And, the town is very shabby chic cute!
Sep 21st, 2016, 09:05 PM

We liked Hotel du Chateau in Annecy. We stayed in the top-floor family room for four nights back in 2011 with our then 4 & 6 year old daughters. The price was reasonable. We parked our car in their small parking lot. We enjoyed being able to walk to Annecy's markets and restaurants. We also took a day-trip to Chamonix where we rode the gondolas and lifts for a day. Beautiful! We found a very fun luge run just 20-30 minutes outside of Annecy. I can't remember the name.
Sep 23rd, 2016, 02:46 PM
Original Poster

Thank you AndiM and JoanNYC. Appreciate your replies.

Search this Thread