Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Hotel in Venice (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/hotel-in-venice-110703/)

av Mar 7th, 2001 04:33 PM

Hotel in Venice

Did somebody stayed in hotel Stell in Venice. Any info will be appreciated. <BR>Thank you Anna

richard j vicek Mar 7th, 2001 05:42 PM

Good evening, Anna Could not find a <BR>hotel STELL in Venice or the Lido, have <BR>found two hotels with STELLA in their <BR>names, the first is the HOTEL VILLA <BR>STELLA which is located on the Lido and <BR>don't beleive this is the one you have <BR>in question, if it is drop me a line and <BR>will give you what information I have. <BR>The HOTEL STELLA ALPINA EDELWEISS, Calle <BR>Priuli, 99 is a two star hotel, see www.venere.it/it/venezia/stellaalpina/ <BR>and www.veniceinfo.it/ This hotel is <BR>located just out of the front of the <BR>Venice SL Railway station, turning to <BR>the right, passing the church on the <BR>right and bridge on left, the Calle <BR>Priuli is now to the left. The two vaporetto stops are alongside the <BR>bridge and in front of the right of the <BR>RR station on the Grand Canal. <BR>By turning left out of the Priuli into <BR>Rio Terra, the Lista di Spagna over the <BR>Bridge and you are on your way to the <BR>Ponte Rialto, about a ten minute walk <BR>almost continously with shops, bars and <BR>ristorantes. Another five minutes to <BR>the Pza S. Marco. <BR>Let me know.. Richard of La Grange Park, IL&gt;.. <BR>

av Mar 7th, 2001 09:07 PM

I am so sorry, I misspelled name. Of course I meant hotel Stella. I beleive that it is in Lido. It was only one out of 12 hotels to confirm availability for end of May <BR>Thank you very much for your help

Lorrin Kimberly Mar 8th, 2001 03:02 AM

I went to go see it for a future trip with my kids...but I did not stay there. It is small, quaint, looks clean, has a breakfast room, small garden. You might want to think about renting bikes on the Lido, it is a few blocks away from the city centre, and of course you must take a vaporetto to the island of Venice. There are many web sites if you search, with tons of hotels if you want to stay in Venice proper.

xxx Mar 8th, 2001 04:05 AM

I have stayed there. The owner is very nice, and the place is a solid value. she will happily let you use her own laptop early morning or mights to check e-mail. The key thing is - - it's Lido. It's not Venice. You have to be on that last vaporetto back to Lido by about 11:15 pm, I think. and it's also a 4 minute bus ride from the vaporetto to a 2 minute walk. that doesn't sound like a big deal, but when you've had too much wine and it seems very late, it makes you wonder if you did the right thing. <BR> <BR>Still, its price made an additional night in Venice affordable for the group of seven I was traveling with last March. There are tradeoffs in everything. <BR> <BR>YKWIA <BR>