HOTEL IN SEVILLE AND GRANADA

Jun 8th, 2001, 03:42 AM
MAUREEN

HOTEL IN SEVILLE AND GRANADA

I am going to Spain at the end of September.

In Granada I was planning on staying at the Hotel America and the Hotel Dona Maria in Seville.

Any experiences or alternative recommendations?

Jun 8th, 2001, 04:56 AM
Pedro

Although I do not know both hotels inside I can tell you their situation can not be beaten. Simply perfect. Doņa Maria is famous by its rooftop views over Giralda Tower.

Jun 8th, 2001, 06:26 AM
steve

If the only thing you want to do in granada is the Alhambra, then the America is fine. On the other hand, if you want spend some time in the city as well, then you should consider a hotel in the city center. We stayed at a great 3 star hotel called Reina Cristina. You can check out our trip to southern spain on my web page...
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/5733

Jun 8th, 2001, 06:28 AM
steve

I should add that I haven't stayed at the America. I only know that it's a modest hotel (1 or 2 stars) located on the alhambra grounds.

Jun 8th, 2001, 07:05 AM
rbw

We stayed at the Dona Maria in Feb. The location is superb-- it definitely enhanced uor visit to be in close proximity to so much and the rooms clean and comfortable enough. On the down side, the staff was not the most firendly or gracious, but how much time do you spend in the hotel anyway? Enjoy Seville! We loved the Alhambra as well, but did not stay at the America, as it was closed.

Jun 8th, 2001, 07:36 AM
Joanne

Maureen:

Loved the Dona Maria. We stayed there two years ago and had a lovely large room with a wonderful tiled bath (room 224). As noted above, the location is great--just a few steps to the cathedral, and a short walk into town.

The staff went out of their way to help us. They arranged a reservation for us at Tablao el Arenal to see Flamenco, where we had a table next to the stage and very much enjoyed the dancing. We wanted to visit a sherry bodega and they set up a day tour for us. We went to Jerez, visited a "winery" and also saw the fabulous Andalusian Horses perform. We went to Cadiz by ferry remet our bus and back to Sevilla. It was a superb tour. We fell in love with Sevilla and had intended to return this spring, but we were unable to find a decent airfare.

If I can help further e-mail me. Joanne

Jun 9th, 2001, 08:10 PM
Deena

We stayed at Los Seises in Seville and loved it and its location. Wonderful views form its roof top pool area. We stayed at the Tryp Albacin in Granada and thought the location and hotel was fine.