Hotel in Rome with Roof Bar

Aug 10th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

Hotel in Rome with Roof Bar

I am going to Rome at the end of August and am looking for a modern hotel with a roof bar. I know about the Hotel 47 which seems nice, are there other options? I dont want the traditional Roman decorated hotel. I want to stay somewhere more modern...thanks!
Aug 10th, 2006, 03:14 PM

Ciao

There's this one - http://www.boscolohotels.com/page.cfm?SectionId=5706. And this is pretty funky - http://www.hotelcapodafrica.com/. Or http://www.hotelmellini.com/

Salute
Aug 10th, 2006, 11:45 PM

I don't know if they will have availability, but the Rome Wine Academy has a view to die for at the top of their hotel. It overlooks the spanish Steps, and well, everything else. I think they only have four rooms or so, pretty hard to get them so contact them soon!

www.wineacademyroma.com

www.wheninrometours.com
Aug 11th, 2006, 08:22 AM

I don't know about the rooms, but the Hotel Eden has an amazing roof top restaurant and bar, La Terrazza. It's at Via Ludovisi 49, off the Via Veneto. This isn't an open air patio though, it's glass so weather isn't a concern, but no breeze either. I'll be in Rome in Sept. and will deffinitely make a point of going there to have a glass of wine and watch the sunset. The restaurant, while excellent, is very expensive and I'd really rather eat a bit more simply at the neighborhood trattoria.
Aug 11th, 2006, 08:36 AM

Grand Hotel de la Minerve has a roof bar and is just behind the Pantheon.
Aug 11th, 2006, 08:49 AM

albergo del senato
Aug 11th, 2006, 12:15 PM

My kind of question! I always say, particularly for the first time trip to Rome-you need to experience that Roman rooftop terrace-there's nothing quite like it to get you into the Roma frame of mind-even budget hotels, if you check their websites, often have a little rooftop terrace where they only serve breakfast, but allow you to go up and bring your own bottle of wine later in the evening.

But even if you aren't staying at a hotel with a roof bar or terrace, you can go to one that does, and one of my favorites to go to for a sunset drink is definitely the Albergo del Senato in the Piazza del Pantheon.

Although you say you don't want the traditional Roman hotel, you really ought to check out some of these good choices listed here. Here are a few more to add to the list:
-
Hotel Raphael, lovely:

www.raphaelhotel.com/eng.html

Hotel dei Gladiatori, via Labicana maybe my favorite, for dining, bar and views? one thing I know-those views of the Colosseum are hard to top at night -but it's a great rooftop restaurant/bar at any time of the day!

www.hotelgladiatori.it/salsa/en/roof_garden.html

Hotel Forum-both an enclosed restaurant with great views of the Forum, but also an open air roof terrace as well in the warmer months:

www.hotelforum.com

Hotel Atlante Star, near St. Peter's has a great terrace with panoramic views of the city (and its somewhat less expensive sister hotel is right next door-Atlante Garden-so you can still take advantage of the wonderful rooftop terrace).

www.atlantestarhotel.com/terrazza-paradiso.htm

Whatever way you get it, the rooftop terrace in Rome is an experience not to be missed.
Aug 11th, 2006, 12:23 PM

Hotel San Francesco in Trastevere...