Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Hotel in Nice with parking (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/hotel-in-nice-with-parking-959334/)

masik Dec 14th, 2012 04:49 PM

Hotel in Nice with parking

Dear Fodors friend,
Please help to choose hotels in Nice. The hotel have to have parking for the car, have good location, clean and have about 4 stars. Thank you in advance.

just27 Dec 14th, 2012 06:12 PM

I've stayed at the Westminster, and the Negresco, and liked them both. Both on the Promenade, so front rooms have a glorious view. I believe that Westminster guests used a public parking lot, behind the hotel; and the Negresco had valet parking.

janisj Dec 14th, 2012 06:40 PM

"<i>have about 4 stars</i>"

Stars doesn't tell us much . . . What is your budget?

Ukaeins Dec 14th, 2012 09:26 PM

I´m staying at the western hotel de Madrid near main station in Nice and according to my research none of the hotels in Nice have parking lots you should go near the airport to have one. I have paid €48 for three days (in advanced) in a parking just outside Nice main train station. You won´t find a hotel in Nice with parking.

Ukaeins Dec 14th, 2012 09:32 PM

This may be useful: I am running out of petrol/gas and none of my credit or debit cards are accepted in the automatic pumps, last night i drove around and could not fill up the tank of my rental... Make sure you fill up yours during the day because at night there is no teller that can take any cash and if you have a non french card this may be an issue..... I´ve heard this as well from some american tourists......

greg Dec 14th, 2012 11:43 PM

The problem using magnetic strip only credit cards at unattended gas stations in France has been discussed ad nauseam in this forum. However, I recognize many who encourage people to rent a car in France fail to provide this crucial information to US visitors most of whom don't have compatible credit cards.

Cathinjoetown Dec 15th, 2012 03:06 AM

La Pérouse is a 4* and for a price they will valet-park your car. I stayed there (12 years ago) and liked it very much, built into the rock face at the eastern edge of the old town. Rooms with sea views and around the pool. www.hotelsduroy.com

nytraveler Dec 15th, 2012 05:06 AM

True hotels in Nice don;t have parking lots. There are not parking LOTS for hotels in ay european city. Being hundreds of years old - they weren;t built that way. Like hotels in any city they either hae valet garaes or can direct you to a garage nearby. Expect to pay about $30 per night for parking - plus tip if there is a valet.

Agree the hotels named are charming - but we need to know your budget. We like the Negresco (a traditional classic right on the front) - but it's not inexpensive. (For random dates in May their are online specials for the basic double room for as little as about 250 euros per night.)

masik Dec 16th, 2012 04:49 PM

Thank you very much for your useful information.

Underhill Dec 16th, 2012 05:41 PM

There is an undergroundparking garage at the hotel Le Meridien, which is an exellent hotel and location. It's only a 10-minute walk to Vieux Nice and the Place Masséna.

just27 Dec 16th, 2012 05:46 PM

If you're up for driving a few minutes east from Nice, my favorite hotel, Hotel Welcome, is close by, in Villefranche sur mer. There is public parking right in front of the hotel, and there was never any problem finding space. (I should add that the last time we were there was 4 years ago, and in late April.)

http://www.welcomehotel.com/

ParisAmsterdam Dec 17th, 2012 06:53 AM

Hotel Massena has valet parking in an underground garage across the street.

Mimar Dec 17th, 2012 07:17 AM

How long will you be in Nice? Will you need the car both before and afterwards?

Because sightseeing by public transportation is really good in Nice. You can go up and down the coast by train, bus or boat -- to places like Menton, Monaco, Eze, the Cap Ferrat, Cannes, Antibes. And you can go into the mountains north of Nice by the little Train des Pignes: www.provencebeyond.com/travel/railpignes.html.