Hotel in Madrid for 3rd week in January:recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am trying to book a night in Madrid in late January for the night before we fly back home and the city is very booked up all week. (There's a major trade show in town) Wondered if anyone has a recommendation? I either need two rooms (2 adults and our 19 yr old son) or a suite/condo type of arrangement. Everything that is highly rated seems to be full. Hotel Europa is available at $350 ish for 2 rooms. Would like to stay at $300 or less for a place that's not on a main street (hoping for some quiet).
Anyone stayed in a place they like? thanks so much.

Anne
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 11:01 AM

Sometimes it is helpful if you are more specific as to dates for people to help you. When I look on booking.com, there are over 100 hotels in the city center area alone with vacancies on Jan 28th, for example.

The one I like doesn't have triple or family rooms and would probably be over that for two rooms. It is a very nice hotel and on a quiet side street (the Intur Palacio San Martin).

However, the Room Mate chain is well-respected for decent hotels at a good price and I know there is one right near it, the Room Mate Laura. That's not on a busy street, I've been by it. They have duplex family rooms, for example (an upper loft-type area which would be good for your son and a lower area with a double bed or something). They are far below that price, closer to 200 euro. so that's my suggestion, but as I said, maybe you are looking for some odd date when nothing is available, but that seems unlikely. There are trade fairs all month.

check out
https://room-matehotels.com/en/laura/
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Hi, I'm looking for the night of January 22nd. I had no trouble booking for our arrival on the 14th, but many many of my choices on the 22nd or 23rd for that matter are sold out.
Thanks for the referral to the roommate Laura hotel!

Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 03:01 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Check Hotel Principal, just off Gran Via, near Retiro Park and the museums. I have no idea what their prices would be for our dates. We had a room in the back and it was very quiet.
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 03:11 PM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
We used Spain Select for our terrific apartment. It's called Home Select now. Check their website. God service and some very nice apartments at great prices.

Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 03:13 PM

We stayed at Mercure Madrid Centro on Calle Lope de Vega 49. It is very close to Prado and Reina Sofia. Room was a good size and very clean. We paid additional for an excellent breakfast buffet that included eggs cooked to order.
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 05:17 PM

The Home Select apartments, which we've used, have a 3-night minimum.
For that night of Jan. 22, you may want to consider the Room Mate Laura's family rooms, as Christina suggests, for $266 for that date. 4 rooms available on booking.com
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 06:17 PM

I loved this hotel for its proximity to the Prado. I used a service to the airport. Concierge service great:
NH Paseo del Prado
Plaza Cánovas del Castillo, 4. 28014 Madrid
Good luck.
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 06:28 PM

The NH Paseo del Prado, now a member of the NH Collection group (its highest category) is a very nice property with a perfect location, but rates will be be far over your budget for 3 persons. The interior rooms and plaza view rooms accommodate 2 persons and the jr. suites will accommodate 3 but are quite pricey.
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 07:21 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by highly rated but if you go to booking.com and select 8 or 9 on the score filter I'm seeing many choices well below your price point. Ranging from apartments,hostals and hotels.
Old Oct 25th, 2019, 07:49 AM

Try the Doubletree Hilton Prado. It is a surprise for a Doubletree. Very boutique like. Great rooms and well located. They do have availability. I’ve stayed there and enjoyed it.
Old Oct 26th, 2019, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kmowatt
Try the Doubletree Hilton Prado. It is a surprise for a Doubletree. Very boutique like. Great rooms and well located. They do have availability. I’ve stayed there and enjoyed it.
thanks! i saw that and was wondering about it. appreciated the recommendation!

-Anne
Old Oct 27th, 2019, 07:32 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Mexico (primarily chosen because it had parking) in that area. It isn't as highly ranked as the Doubletree but it is also really near the Prado and about half the price. It is an older more typical Spanish property, so not ultra new-but the staff is exceptionally nice and the rooms are comfortable - especially for 1 night.
Old Oct 28th, 2019, 07:41 AM

I would recommend you to check a cheap version of a boutique hostel called Far Home Atocha.