hotel in luzern

Jul 4th, 2000, 12:14 PM
Dana

hotel in luzern

My husband and I are visiting Luzern next week--I have reservations at Des Balances, Chateau Guetsch and Schweizerhof. I can't make up my mind. I am somewhat intrigued by the description of Chateau Guetsch I read in Fodor's, but am wondering if it is too far from town.

We like luxury and price is not an issue. This is a much looked forward to vacation and we want it to be very special. If anyone has some info, I'd appreciate it as I need to cancel the ones we don't choose.

Thanks.

Jul 4th, 2000, 02:14 PM
judi

Dana, we stayed at the Des Balances in April. The location is great. If you stay there be sure to get a river view; the views are wonderful! The buffet breakfast is nice and we had good meals at their restaurant. I don't know anything about the other two hotels. The boat trip on the lake is fun and not expensive.Enjoy your vacation!

Jul 4th, 2000, 04:40 PM
Tony

Actually I feel sorry for the poor people who cannot get reservations at the hotel of THEIR choice because they are fully booked with phantom reservations !!

Jul 13th, 2000, 03:02 PM
Roger & Amy

Hi Dana!

Chateau Gutch by a longshot, except you have to pay ride a cog train up and down the side of a small mountain to walk to town.

Search this Thread