Hotel in Lake Garda or nearby?

Mar 30th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

Hotel in Lake Garda or nearby?

Am planning on spending 2 nights in Lake Garda (or thereabouts) in September and need a hotel in the moderate and up range. Suggestions?
Mar 30th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Neopolitan

My favorite town on Lake Garda and my favorite hotel:

http://www.hotel-gardesana.com/index_eng.htm

Mar 30th, 2006, 04:01 PM

Don't stay in Guiliana Hotel.
Cranky not helpful, wouldn't give us ice, can't pay with credit cards, stayed for 4 nights and no change of bed linen.
Breakfast only OK. Plenty of lovely places to stay.
Mar 30th, 2006, 04:20 PM
rex

< ...a hotel in the moderate and up range... >>

Okay, call me a nitpick - - but isn't that nearly every hotel? "moderate and up"?

In any event, Lake Garda is a wonderful place, and is at least 5 or 6 destinations that will each have their own flavor and advantages: Sirmione, Garda/Punto San Vigilio, Malcesine and mid-lake on the eastern shoreline, Limone and mid-lake on the western shoreline and Riva, at the north.

You can search Sirmione and Rvia on www.venere.com - - and there was recent favorable mention of one of the properties on Punta San Vigilio here: http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34774343

Extensive listings, and fairly unfoirm descriptions of dozens of hotels here: http://www.gardalake.it

Best wishes,

Rex
Mar 30th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Doble_Vergasser

Riva del Garda, The (Best Western) Europa.
Its a good 2star place. They have a few parking spaces. Fronts the water/passenger boat docks and the town piazza.

Mar 30th, 2006, 07:55 PM

Take a look at Torri del Benaco, one of the prettiest towns on the lake. It's about one-third of the way up on the eastern shore.
Mar 30th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Neopolitan

rbrazill, that was my suggestion. I just realized I never mentioned it by name since it was in the link. Great town. Sirmione is pretty, but sooooo touristy, in my opinion.

Apr 1st, 2006, 05:42 AM
rex

topping... (hint: click on your own name, to find your previous posts)...
Apr 2nd, 2006, 07:31 AM

Hi,
I work for a German company. The young man in the office who travels Europe frequently told my wife and I to stay here. We did in Sept.of 2004. Owned by 2 sisters. In the center of town. Home made food. Wait till you see the rates.
Unbelievable. Clean. In my opinion, Lake Garda is a well kept secret. Web site: www.hotelcentraletorbole.it. If you make a reservation be sure to bring your confirmation.
Tom
Apr 2nd, 2006, 07:34 AM
rex

Hi, mg... I assume that you are Monica (mgeo...) who wrote to me by e-mail. Feel free to message me (or anyone else here) by simply posting more to this (or any other) thread where you wnt to leave me a "thank you" (or any other message).

Most of "us" regulars come back and re-read posts on which we have replied... when we see new activity ("topping", of any kind) - - by clicking on our own names...