My husband and I are spending 6 nights in Istanbul (first time) and I am torn as to where to stay. I like the idea of being close to the main sights in the Sultanahmet area, but also the idea of being in the Beyoglu or Karakoy area for nightlife/restuarants/cafes. We are in our 30s, fit, and are fairly fast-paced travelers, but not the backpacking type. We enjoy history, food, drinks, soaking in the atmosphere.
I was wondering if booking 2 hotels would be advisable for the amount of time we are spending?
AND what are some hotel recommendations? We are looking to spend in the 200-300ish euro range a night, and a view would be great.
If we do stay in the Beyoglu/Karakoy area, is it still pretty quick to get to Sultanahmet area? Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 2 land vs river cruise
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 The World's Greatest Churches
- 5 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 6 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 9 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Trans Siberian Train
- 13 Tips for first trip to UK
- 14 Scotland ideas
- 15 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 16 London vacation rental agency
- 17 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 18 South of France
- 19 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 20 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 21 My France Vacation
- 22 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 23 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 24 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 25 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid