Hotel in Florence with Parking

Apr 13th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Original Poster

Hotel in Florence with Parking

Hi

We're looking for a hotel in Florence for 3 nights for between 80-140 euro a night.

We have a hire car so need parking also. I've heard you cannot drive in the centre of town and so if we stay on the outskirts, is it easy to get into the centre on buses/trains?

Any advice would be great!
Apr 13th, 2007, 04:54 AM

It is Bed and Breakfast, with parking in a private garage.

http://www.tuscanweb.com/property/?ID=4248

Hope it helps.
Apr 13th, 2007, 05:03 AM
vkp

We stayed at Hotel David around 100E a double.Has parking lovely hotel and a pleasant walk down to Pont Vecchio.
Apr 13th, 2007, 10:37 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Ritz, on the Arno...nothing fancy but comfortable enough and they had an arrangement with a garage which picked up your car brought it back to you right to the door. This hotel is in a great location and you can drive to it (which is why we picked it to begin with.) I am sure we paid about 125E but this was several years ago.

http://www.florenceitaly.net/pagine/ritz/index.asp
Apr 13th, 2007, 11:04 AM

We stayed at the Casci and inquired about parking. For a minimal fee, in addition to the cost of the garage, they parked the car for us, and returned it when we wre ready to leave.
Apr 13th, 2007, 11:18 AM

Don't be tempted to stay on the outskirts of Florence. You'll have a much better time being in the centre of things and being able to walk to and from your hotel, especially when going out in the evening. Our hotel had no parking, but arranged for our car to be taken away for the whole time we stayed there. In fact the car was whisked away within a couple of minutes of our arrival at the front desk!
Apr 13th, 2007, 11:23 AM

Hotel Silla, being on the other side of the Arno but everything is walking distance, is easy to rich by car. It has a garage. IT is a lovely hotel too, and if you book direct it has sometimes internet offers. I highly recommend it, it is by the River Arno near Ponte alle Grazie,across the River of Santa Croce.
Apr 13th, 2007, 11:25 AM

Yes, I agree with Susan do not stay in the outskirts you will loose a lot. As I said in my previous posting I think the Silla can work fine for you.
Apr 13th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much everyone I will check out all those hotels and not stay on the outskirts!