Notices

Hotel in Dubrovnik

Sep 10th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Hotel in Dubrovnik

Looking for recommendation for Hotel in Dubrovnik. We are 5 couples with 2 nights to spend.
Prefer location where we can walk easily to sights, would consider a "splurge" if place is very special. Probably a 4 star would satisfy all our different needs. Thanks
Sep 10th, 2014, 02:56 PM

http://smithhotels.com/luxury-hotels...FchgfgodrDQASg

This is sheer elegance in Dubrovnik. We stayed there just before the massive redesign project. Easy walk to the wall and everywhere within the city therein. Highly recommend. I will look through my pix to share with you, including Plitvice (early spring...snow!
Sep 10th, 2014, 03:09 PM

https://picasaweb.google.com/stuartt...Kq1odTr3IKLHA#

We visited three times before Dub became a popuar destination. Loved the last trip in 2004 as well as the earlier adventures in the 80's...it was work then, rather than vacation!! Driving was a challenge..no longer. Beautifully designed super highway from Plitvice to Split. Have fun.
stu
Sep 10th, 2014, 03:15 PM

Several years ago, we spent a couple of days in Dubrovnik before joining a National Geographic Expedition. I spent considerable time researching hotels. There are several excellent ones, but I finally decided on the Bellevue Hotel. Our driver ( car service from airport ) told me he thought it was the best hotel in Dubrovnik. We loved it. Each room has a balcony with one of the most beautiful views imaginable. The beach is perfect for swimming and taking your meals in the outdoor restaurant is like dinning in heaven. It is about a 15 minute walk into Old Town, but it's a beautiful walk and was not a problem. After having a look at the other possibilities while staying in Dubrovnik, I was very happy I had chosen the Bellevue. It really was the best option. It is probably rated 5*, I just never pay attention to * ratings. If interested looked at www.hotels.com for reviews, pricing etc.

Search this Thread