Hotel in Copenhagen

Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

Hotel in Copenhagen

Going for two days to Copenhagen before a cruise. My friends booked the Hilton at the airport, but the prices are outrageous. In as much as I like staying at nice hotels, the price just kills me...cannot justify the rates, even though I understand that the dollar is weak.
Anyone that has other suggestions I would greatly appreciate. Are there websites that maybe have the same hotel but at lower rates?
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:14 PM

The Hilton is by the airport, and although there are easy transport links, it's better to be in the center, in my opinion.

Check www.gtahotels.com - they often have somewhat better deals for hotels.

Also consider bidding on Priceline for a 4* hotel. The most common "winner" is the Marriott, which is a few blocks from most attractions, but I'd consider it more convenient than the Hilton. No guarantees you'd win the Marriott, but check out www.betterbidding.com .
Jun 2nd, 2008, 03:46 PM

Hi, I don't know what your budget is and don't know if this hotel is too basic for you but we stayed here last year for 3 nights and were more than happy. It is literally just steps from the main train station. There are several different levels of rooms and the breakfast was great with plenty of choice. We would stay there again, it was very reasonably priced compared to the more upmarket hotels and the front desk staff were lovely. Just walk through the station and you are in the heart of the city.
http://www.nebo.dk/eng/index.htm
Jun 3rd, 2008, 04:54 AM

Last summer we stayed at Copenhagen Strand in Nyhavn after our Baltic Cruise. It made the Copenhagen experience perfect because of its location. However, you will pay dearly as I surfed and surfed to find a less expensive but good quality in good location hotel. The breakfast was not included but the choices were so enormous I didn't have to eat again until dinner. (some saving there!).
Jun 3rd, 2008, 06:14 AM

I recently got the Marriott Copenhagen for $125/night. Walking a few blocks is worth it for the difference in price. Some years ago we stayed at the Radisson Royal in front of Tivoli but prices there now are outrageous.
Jun 3rd, 2008, 06:14 AM

I meant to say I got the Marriott in Priceline.