Reload this Page >

Hotel in Collioure, France

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Heather

Can anyone recommend a good hotel? What is the L'Arapede like?

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 06:22 AM
Sue

I stayed at one called the Casa "Something"-will look when I get home from work. It's listed in most travel books. It was nice, with a decided Spanish influence.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Heather

I looked on the collioure.com website and there are 2 casa somethings...the Bona Casa and the Casa Piral. Does that ring a bell? How can i find out what these hotels look like?

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Sue

Yes, Casa Pairal is correct! It was an attractive and pleasant place. Look it up on google, and maybe you can find a picture. It's been a few years since I was there; at that time there were few hotels in Collioure, and it was considered to be the nicest.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 07:33 AM
StCirq

There are two great, but completely different, hotels in Collioure. The first is the Hôtel Casa Païral, a pink Hollywood confection of a hotel set in quiet gardens, with spacious comfortable rooms.Rooms run around $100-$150. The second is the Hostellerie des Templiers, owned and run by Jojo Pous, whose father was friends with many well-known artists who donated their works to him in exchange for his hospitality. In this quirky old house, you can sleep among Picassos and Matisses, and find them hanging on every conceivable surface. Rooms here aren't so spacious, but they are very comfortable, with painted wood beds, rustic furniture, and of course art all around. Rooms run around $60. The hotel has a very nice restaurant featuring seafood.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 09:15 PM
Sue

Perhaps this is already on your list of places to go, but thought I would mention the fortified medieval hill village of Castelnou, which is in the area and definitely worth a visit. It is beautiful and less well-known to tourists than Carcassonne.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 11:36 PM
Heather

Ok. I just booked at Casa Pairal. Very reasonable rate ?65 for a room with a view of the garden. I was not able to find a picture of the hotel so i'm flying blind for the first time EVER. I'm trusting you Sue!

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 11:50 PM
Ursula

Heather: Check this site for some pictures:<BR>http://www.roussillhotel.com/fr/casa.htm<BR><BR>Looks like a very nice place.<BR>Enjoy!

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Sue

Heather, thanks for your faith in my commentary! I think you will find it to be an accommodating and attractive little Fr. hotel, which is what I look for when I travel in Europe. It looks like a "casa", not a Hilton, that's for sure! The town itself is a treat, also. Have fun!