Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel in Castelmola or Giardini Naxos (Sicily)

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2003, 11:36 AM
MMM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could anyone share some information on hotel recommendations in either (or both) of these two locations? Info. on hotels in these two places seems to be scarce. I'm not sure if that is because there are extremely few options in these two towns themselves. Thanks.

MMM
Old May 9th, 2003, 12:17 PM

Just curious as to why you want to stay either above Taormina or below it, as opposed to Taormina itself?
Old May 9th, 2003, 01:15 PM

I have the same question as Bnice. Taormina is a wonderful place. Why would you NOT want to stay there? I didn't see much of anything in Castelmola, but we had a nice hike getting up there and then hiking back down -- just nowhere I'd want to stay!
And although there are dozens of hotels in Girdini Naxos, it isn't anywhere I'd want to stay either.
Old May 9th, 2003, 02:28 PM
MMM
Original Poster

Thanks, Patrick and Bnice. You actually might have answered my question. I was having trouble finding availability at some of the Taormina hotels mentioned on the forum, so I was wondering if the nearby areas that I'd be visiting anyway had good accommodations. Actually, since I haven't seen many threads on hotels in G. Naxos or Castelmola, I figured that they (a)didn't exist, (b) weren't worthy of mention, or (b) were a well-kept secret. My preference is actually to stay in Taormina, but I'm having some trouble with availability.

MMM
Old May 9th, 2003, 03:45 PM

You tried Pensione Svizzera?
Old May 9th, 2003, 07:33 PM

The Hotel Timeo was wonderful with incredible views if you are looking for luxury accommodations.
Old May 9th, 2003, 08:29 PM

Castelmola is not where you want to stay, it is WAY up the hill from Taormina, and there really isn't much there except for great views...of the two, I'd pick Giardini Naxos, which is beautiful, right on the water, in a little bay...but Taormina would also be my first choice. Hotel Belvedere,Villa Paradiso, Villa Fiorita,
Old May 10th, 2003, 07:26 AM

Try Villa Schuler. Stayed there last Sept, very convenient, a few steps from the Main Corso Umberto, lovely gardens, fabulous spot for the nice breakfast overlooking the water etc. Very reasonable, $100 - $140 range.Owner very businesslike and efficient, but we would stay there again in a minute. Good luck.
Old May 10th, 2003, 08:49 AM
MMM
Original Poster

Thanks, all, for the suggestions. I'll get to work!

MMM