Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel in Bernese Oberland,SW with Bathrobes?

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Ida

I know this may sound like a silly inquiry (especially to the men) but I recall reading about some hotel in Grindelwald (I think) that provided bathrobes to their hotel guests. I've gotten a little spoiled with this nice feature in the USA at many major hotel chains and would love to pack lightly for my Swiss trip. If you know of such a hotel in Grindelwald or Interlaken, I'd love to hear about it.
Thanks,
Ida

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 05:02 PM
cyndy

Most 4 and 5 star hotels will supply you with robes if you specifically ask for them. I always do because I hate packing a big robe.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Lina

I yust stay at a 2 star and vear my husband's trench coat. Dat vay he has to carry it and not me. Double duty. Lots cheaper. Or else I yust bring a lot of safety pins and pin up the sides of two towels, pin on some washclothes for the arms and VIOLA you got a bathrobe! Not too classey vut it does the trick. Be careful if you go out of your room dough because sometimes the towels are too thick for the safety pins and they POP open. Opps!

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 08:21 AM
xxx

UFFDA! It would take too many towels for me!

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 07:49 AM

I just received a Travel Smith catalog that shows a robe that folds up into a little pouch.