Sarlat, France apartment

Search

Sarlat, France apartment

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Sarlat, France apartment

We are in the process of renting this apartment in Sarlat in the fall '12. I can only find 1 review on it and it's very good but I'm wondering if anyone else has stayed here? It's right in town. Any other suggestions are welcome before we make a deposit.
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tpayt: i don't see any hot link to an apartment attached to your post. More information please.
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

http://www.perigord-locations.fr/ren...rd-rentals.php

Here it is--I was a bit quick to post.
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

If you have not stayed in this particular apartment can you comment on the location in town?

Would you stay in town or on the outskirts? In other parts of France we always stayed in the countryside near a town, but we kind of like the idea of being able to walk to dinner after being in the car touring most of the day.
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 08:25 AM

You will be in the centre of town - could be noisy in the summer, but in the autumn, a nice location. Although the office is on Rue Fenelon, the apartment appears to be in the Cour des Fontaines, just by the cathedral. IF you're there on Wednesday or Saturday, you'll find the market not far from your front door.

It can be wonderful walking around the centre of Sarlat at night by gaslight.

You will need to find parking, which probably won't be an issue, as there is a large parking area close by (Place de la Grande Regaudie) but note that it is paid parking, which you will have to factor into the cost. There is very little unpaid parking in Sarlat now.
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 08:36 AM

Absolutely beautiful! Please do a trip report on your return.
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 08:39 AM

The Cour des Fontaines is a lovely location, very central. The market will be right outside your door on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and it's a busy, noisy market starting fairly early in the morning, but other than that it's a great location and a beautiful apartment. You can find unpaid parking in Sarlat, but it will likely be a hike to the apartment.
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, just the kind of info I was looking for on the location. We don't mind paying for parking and we are early risers so noise shouldn't be a problem. Most days we will be off on an adventure, but we are looking forward to being in the town at night.

I am enjoying the research and reading all of the Fodorites trip reports. It adds months to the vacation. In the next few months I'm sure to have many more questions and I know just the place to ask them!
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 04:11 PM

I'm glad you've gotten some good reports on location, because tho I've been in Sarlat twice, I didn't know that area. It sounds great, and the apartment certainly looks excellent.

What fun for you to be planning this trip!