Hotel II Perlo Panorama in Bellagio

Mar 5th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

Hotel II Perlo Panorama in Bellagio

Has anyone ever stayed at this hotel? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Aug 31st, 2006, 10:07 AM

We will be staying here this year (we leave US in 8 short days!). Will post a trip report when we return however we read several good reports on Fodor's and SlowTrav. When are you traveling? Shirley
Aug 31st, 2006, 10:21 AM
Neopolitan

I've talked with numerous people who stay there and love it -- and they love the peace and seclusion. We walked over there and discovered it's quite a hike up and over the hill to it. Sadly when we got there the restaurant was closed for lunch which we had planned. If you are planning to take fairly frequent boats to other places or eat in other restaurants on the Bellagio waterfront, be prepared for some nice hikes back and forth.

Aug 31st, 2006, 12:16 PM

As mentioned, it is a healthy hike. Will you have a car?
Aug 31st, 2006, 09:26 PM

Beautiful views from this hotel. It's located 3 kms. from the ferry dock, and you can take a cab back up the hill. (Taxis can usually be found in the piazza in front of the dock.) Check with the hotel, but I think the SPT bus goes by the hotel a couple of times a day.
Sep 1st, 2006, 04:22 AM

We plan those "hikes", takes care of all that good food and drink! We imbibe guilt free and come home without an extra pound! Shirley (our countdown is now at a heart stopping pace-on a plane in 7 days, at II Perlo in 8!)
Sep 1st, 2006, 09:34 AM
Neopolitan

By the way, you can pick up some flyers at the tourist center in town which have some rather well detailed and descriptive other hikes in the immediate area. We did a couple of them. Nice.

Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:12 AM

Neopolitan, thanks for the info, the tourist center is the first stop on our itinerary after II Perlo, we will be sure to get the hike infomation. Did you by chance take the "back walk" to Silvio (spelling may not be correct), the highly recommended place to eat? Shirley
Sep 3rd, 2006, 08:40 AM
Neopolitan

No. On our previous trip to Bellagio, we ate at Silvio, but only by taking a taxi as our hotel "refused" to allow us to walk there telling us it was far to dangerous at night as you have to pass through the tunnel-like underpass where cars whizz through on a blind curve. If you were walking there at just the right time, you would be done for. So we took a taxi and then had to wait 45 minutes to an hour for one to come pick us up (there is a real shortage of taxis in Bellagio, especially at night).
Silvio was wonderful for dinner and we had the best, but most simple spaghetti I've ever had, as well as wonderful grilled fresh lake fish.

Sep 3rd, 2006, 08:42 AM
Neopolitan

Although now that I think about we did walk there on our most recent trip. We did the gardens along the water, passing out through the far end, visiting the little fishing village just beyond there, and then walking past Silvio and over the "hill" through the wide open path that was cut for Villa Julia. Sorry, I'm not at home so can't consult my journal for the more specific names I would otherwise be using.