Hotel ibis Praha Old Town, Prague

Dec 12th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Original Poster

Hotel ibis Praha Old Town, Prague

Hi, everyone: I like Hotel ibis Praha Old Town in Prague for a 3 night stay at the beginning of March, 2019. We will be driving (4 or 5 adults, so it would be expensive to travel by train). The hotel advertises parking - is the parking adequate and easy to access? What is the cost? Also, how far in advance do I need to make a reservation? Thank you for your input, Marsha
Dec 12th, 2018, 10:15 PM

My suggestion would be to contact the hotel directly with these questions. We often drive to Prague and stay in the Old Town; if our hotel of choice does not offer valet service then we park at the Palladium. It is the shopping mall in the Old Town with an underground and secure garage--sometimes that is where our vehicle has even been valet-ed to. The garage is accessible 24/7 and costs 700CZK per 24hours, about €28.
Dec 12th, 2018, 10:26 PM

Per several reviews on TA and other sites the parking is off site, secure and costs €23 per night.
Dec 13th, 2018, 05:08 AM

When I was staying in Prague we rent an entire attic floor in the residential area for approx 100Eur for three nights. And we could easily get to the city centre since the house was within a 10 minute walk from the underground station
Dec 13th, 2018, 07:30 AM

hmm, when was that when you could rent an entire floor for 30 euro per night? Also, it must have been far out since you mention getting to the "city centre". It's just that Prague is cheaper than some more Western European capitals, but not that cheap.

I don't think the OP was looking for the cheapest place in Prague . But I have stayed very near where that Ibis is (it must be new, can't recall what used to be there but wasn't an Ibis) and that is an excellent convenient location. So I think it's a good choice. I don't think that used to be a hotel, actually it's the upper floors and some shops are ground floor, I think it was offices before 2018. At least that location would be easier to drive to and park than many others in the center, as it's on a major street (which goes across the river to the north, actually, and buses and trams run along it, also). That's right next to a major shopping center with a Kotva store, I don't recall the parking but imagine there might be an underground one around there or something.

This is the underground garage at Kotva
https://www.od-kotva.cz/en/page/parking

That's probalby about the same fee and may be what they are referring to. I think the Palladium is across the street, I do not know if that is the same garage or not, but in any case. it is very close to that hotel.
Dec 14th, 2018, 06:50 AM

Like the first reply, you should write or call the hotel for this kind of question. Unless any Fodorit has stayed there (who needed a parking), you won't get definitive answer. The hotel's own site says, they have private indoor parking and public indoor parking. Private means hotel's own? Kind of surprising for a 3* hotel.. Anyway this is all speculation so again, ask the hotel.

Last edited by kappa1; Dec 14th, 2018 at 06:53 AM.
Dec 16th, 2018, 11:16 PM

well..almost two years ago (spring of 2017)..at that time i indeed was looking for a cheap place..but that one was comfortable and I rely enjoyed staying there..just wanted to share that it's possible to find a nice place, be it in the city centre or on the outskirts. even a cheap one, as long as you spend some time on looking through all the results
Dec 19th, 2018, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

Thank you - I will keep a note about the Palladium when we need an independent car park. Marsha
Dec 19th, 2018, 04:36 PM
Original Poster

And Christina, thank you for the location information about the Ibis Praha Old Town. That sounds exactly the type of place the people in my party would like. I'm glad it is on a major street for the ease of driving. I've lived in inner cities in Europe, and understand how tight the streets can be
Dec 20th, 2018, 12:07 AM

The parking at the Ibis is directly at the hotel, they have their own parking, it is not offsite. It costs CZK590/EUR23 per 24 hours. I would not have called Na Poříčí a major street, it is indeed a main street, not one of those narrow streets but there are alot of trams that use it. I stayed at this hotel for a week recently, the Ibis has been there for years, it is not new. If you look at a photo of the hotel or look at it on streetview, you can see the entrance to the hotel's parking.
Dec 21st, 2018, 08:49 AM

I was referring to Namesti Republicky as a main street, I was thinking that hotel was on it, my mistake, although I think it's just off that square there with the metro stop. That is a busy street but not as much as Namesti Republicky, for sure. So that makes the parking even more convenient, I guess, if they have their own.

Isn't this it? I says offices for rent 2018, I htink, but maybe it's somewhere else in that building, I do see it has an Ibis sign on it.
Pronájem kancelá?í Na Po?í?í 5, Praha | OfficeMap