Hotel Help in Santorini & Paros

Jul 12th, 2019, 10:27 PM
Original Poster

Hotel Help in Santorini & Paros

Hello,

We are a family of 4 with kids ages 3 and 6. And heading to Europe in August we will be in Greece 2 weeks - Mykonos, Paros, santorini- our first visit to Greece.

- I would love your input on where to stay in Paros. What area has great beaches, upscale and great restaurants. We are debating between the Yria hotel and the Parillo design hotel.
- Santorini, looking at the Firs/Firostefani area as most oia hotels donít allow kids or have too many stairs and we want to have more options as well for food and shopping. Any thoughts on the Katikies Garden Hotel?

thanks for all the wonderful advice

Last edited by ashopalicious; Jul 12th, 2019 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Title
Jul 13th, 2019, 04:19 AM

For location I would pick Parilio, because it is at Kolymbithres, a beautiful beach near Naoussa. It will probably be very crowded at that beach in August, but you are near a long string of sandy beaches on the east coast of Paros, some which will be less busy. Also, Naoussa has many good restaurants from which to choose. Parilio seems to be fairly new, so probably doesn't have many reviews.

Yria is at Parasporos, a beach which reputably isn't well sheltered from the prevailing north winds. Parasporos is near Parikia, but you will probably need a car to get around. I haven't been to either hotel, so my comments are based on location only.
Jul 13th, 2019, 05:22 AM

Paros- stay in or near Naoussa as Heimdall explained. Paros was our favourite Greek island.
We stayed in Oia so can't help you out with Santorini and we disliked our hotel too.
Jul 13th, 2019, 12:03 PM

On Santorini, look near Imerovigli. It's a tiny town between Fira and Oia.

We liked the Gold Suites there. It's directly on the caldera, with views that beat anywhere on the island. We had a private patio, where breakfast was served every morning. Heavenly! We had a junior suite, which would be plenty large for two adults and two littles.

There's a walking path that takes you one way to Fira and the other way to Oia, with little bars and restaurants along the way.

We were very happy not to be staying in Fira, which has so many tacky shops and tons of people. Oia is more upscale, but still lots of people go there to catch the sunset. We were able to stay at our own private patio and enjoy every sunset.

Last edited by MoBro; Jul 13th, 2019 at 12:07 PM.
Jul 13th, 2019, 03:31 PM

I can't be helpful because you give no clue as to the budget range per night that you're looking for. One can always rave about wonderrful places, but what good is tht to someone who's hoping for a place @400E per night or less, and your dream recommend is 1200E. Ashopolicious it would be a favor to helpers if you'd give a hint as to budget.
Jul 14th, 2019, 06:44 AM

on some of your choices have you confirmed that they have rooms. You have left this to the last minute on two very popular islands and the busiest month of the year...with children you will need some sort of family room or adjoining which are not easy to find. Good luck. Agree that on Santorini I would go for a view which you can enjoy from your terrace including sunset...avoiding crowds is the key to an enjoyable stay.