Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Hotel help in Paris for 2adts and 2 teens (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/hotel-help-in-paris-for-2adts-and-2-teens-367224/)

cliquot1 Jan 9th, 2004 06:47 AM

Hotel help in Paris for 2adts and 2 teens

Please help with hotel recommendations for 2 adts and 2 older teenage daughters for 4nights in Paris in July. This will be the first visit for our daughters, so we would like something special and charming but centrally located to the major points of interest. Quad rooms seem to be non-existant,so we are resigned to 2 adjoining rooms, WITH AIR CONDITIONING.
We aren't interested in an apartment. We are willing to pay approx. $400.00-450.00 p/n for both rooms, but would love to find something under 400.00, without sacrificing atmosphere, cleanliness,etc. Any suggestions? We want 5star accomodations on a 3star budget!! Thanks for your time!

MFNYC Jan 9th, 2004 07:01 AM

I can only help you with a 3* accommodation on a 3* budget. But from my experience looking for quads, email or calls hotels you may be interested in and ask them. Many hotels in general are small and only have 1 or 2 such setups. They are rarely mentioned on booking sites and many times aren't mentioned on the hotel websites, but if you inquire, they just might have. We found a quad (2 room suite), but it was a bit cramped (to put it mildly) and had no view (faced a courtyard, but was very quiet), at the Grand Hotel St. Michel in the Latin Qtr, but given your budget, I'd say you can do better than this.

jay Jan 9th, 2004 07:10 AM

try the hotel excelsior in the 5th. it is very easy to get to clean and inexpensive. they do have quads. its not 5 star but it has a lift and is clean. www.excelsiorlatin.com

StCirq Jan 9th, 2004 07:12 AM

The Hôtel Duquesne-Eiffel has both a quad room and chambres communicantes (2 adjoining rooms) for well under $400. We stay there often with our two teenagers and love the place and the neighborhood.

http://www.hotels-exclusive.com/hotels/duquesne_eiffel/

ira Jan 9th, 2004 07:17 AM

If you are willing to spend less than $400/night, the Hotel Bonaparte in the 6th fits your other criteria for about 120E/nite dbl with bkfst.

Underhill Jan 9th, 2004 10:23 AM

The bonjourparis.com site has a thread on Paris with children; you might have a look there as well as here.

MFNYC Jan 9th, 2004 10:36 AM

I don't have personal knowledge but citadines which provides apartment type units are frequently mentioned here and seem to be well received.

Surlok Jan 9th, 2004 10:58 AM

The Hotel de Fleurie, often recommended here, has 2 connecting rooms ( not sure if 1 or 2 bathrooms) for, if I'm not wrong, 290 to 325 Euro. I like its location a lot, and the rooms look quite nice on the web site.

http://www.hotel-de-fleurie.tm.fr/

However, although air conditionned, if there's only 1 bathroom, I would book 2 rooms instead. I just can't see how a couple plus 2 teen aged GIRLS could manage sharing only one ...

Maira Jan 9th, 2004 11:18 AM

On our last trip to Paris in November, we (4 people) stayed in one quadruple room at the Best Western St. Germain Left Bank at $228/night. I loved the neighborhood (how could you not?), besides the convenience of walking to Louvre, Notre Dame, etc, there was great shopping for my sister and niece. Breakfast was great, service was courteous and friendly. We had Room #6, the handicap-accessible room, maybe the reason it was very spacious. Very quiet at night, I did noticed it had A/C. I highly recommend this hotel.

Underhill Jan 9th, 2004 03:25 PM

Check out the Hôtel le Madison, on the Left Bank opposite the church of St.-Germain-des-Prés. Double rooms run from 150 to 220 Euros, including a lavish buffet breakfast. All the rooms have a/c and are charming, and the hotel is well situated for sightseeing--and eating, too. The hotel is officially a 3*, but we find it nicer than 4*s at which we have stayed.

mollyjar Jan 9th, 2004 03:40 PM

I just went to Paris with my parents and we stayed in the Citadine Louvre. We had a one bed room apartment that had a living room with fold out couch that would work very well for a famil of four. The one bedroom apartments ar 299 euros a night, but there are several other citadines in Paris that cost as little as 170 euros a night for the same apartment. Of course, the better the location the more it will cost. Because it's an apartment there are minimal services, but the location can't be beat. I could see people walking around inside the Louvre from my "bedroom" window. It was very clean and the staff was very helpful. Breakfast wasn't included, but there is a kitchen and a monoprix within walking distance.

francophile03 Jan 9th, 2004 05:33 PM

Hotel de Fleurie's got family rooms (they connect but a common doorway I believe) which are 2 separate rooms and 2 bathrooms. It's 325 euro max. and 290 min. They have special offers certain times of the year (check their website) whereby if you stay 4 nights the 5this free but you must include Sunday in your stay. Otherwise,it's 10% discount if you stay two nights at least.
Website is www.hotel-de-fleurie.tm.fr/. It's well-regarded and fits your requirements for location (St. Germain) and quality. It's not 5* (not sure if that's really possible with 3* rates) but it's better than 3* the way it sounds.

francophile03 Jan 9th, 2004 05:35 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't notice another posting for de Fleurie. There are two bathrooms in the family rooms.

Lyndie Jan 9th, 2004 05:39 PM

We stayed at Hotel Victor Hugo right near the circle of the same name. It was about USD100 per double per room, had lots of atmosphere and right over the road from Libyan Embassy. Lots of cheap places to eat and five minutes walk to the closest metro.

cliquot1 Jan 12th, 2004 05:14 PM

Thanks for all your helpful recommendations! I think I've got
it narrowed down! Now it's time to move on towards Venice via Nice. Any thoughts on special places to stay in either of these cities, and again,about the same
price range? Thanks!