Reload this Page >

Hotel Grandes Ecoles

Search

Hotel Grandes Ecoles

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2002, 07:29 AM
magda ojeda

Hotel Grandes Ecoles

We are going to Paris at the end of June and we are interested in getting info on the Hotel Grandes Ecoles. Any info from anyone?

Old May 7th, 2002, 07:33 AM
elaine

a much-praised hotel here; if you do a search here on it you will find tons of past (and recent) comments

Old May 7th, 2002, 07:41 AM
Going2ParisinJune

Hi. In February, I tried to get reservations at this hotel for my trip in June, and they were booked. Better hurry for your reservations, and have a 2nd and 3rd choice for hotels. Good Luck!

Old May 7th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Fred

Gets pretty good reviews from people who have stayed there, as follows:<BR>Hotel Des Grandes Ecoles (3 star left bank)-<BR>small rooms, charming<BR>nothing from the outside - walk in<BR>clean, basic, not fancy or exciting- an uphill walk<BR>I recommend requesting a room in the main house<BR>loved it.<BR>room nicely decorated, quite and comfortable<BR>staff are delightful<BR>a true delight<BR>large, bright room<BR>Great hotel<BR>the annex appeared nicer<BR>to avoid uphill walk go to metro Place Monge and walk downhill<BR>A lovely garden and very quiet<BR>it was delightful<BR>loved the hotel and the amenities.<BR>didn't LOVE the location<BR>rooms absolutely delightful.<BR>This place is gorgeous<BR>Do not book a room in the small building in the garden- dark,dreary and ragged.<BR>For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]

Old May 7th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Mari

I'm not sure if it matters in June or not or if it makes a difference in your hotel choice, but the Hotel Grandes Ecoles is not air conditioned. At least it was not when we inquired about 2 months ago.

Old May 7th, 2002, 09:20 PM
alison

Magda,<BR><BR>I hate to tell you but you may be out of luck reserving a room. We are going to Paris in October and I enquired about availability at Grandes Ecoles. I was told that for October they cannot take reservations until 4 months before arrival, so for us that meant June. As you are thinking of going in June they've been accepting reservations since February. You can try but it is very popular so you should have several other hotels in mind. Good luck.