Hotel Golden Rome

Search

Hotel Golden Rome

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2017, 05:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Golden Rome

Hello, has anyone stayed in or heard of this hotel in Rome? We are looking for a hotel, B and B or some kind of lodging for 2-3 days in Rome. Our budget is up to $200 but prefer to stay under. We would like to be centrally located or near good transportation.
Thanks,
Andrea
Old Feb 16th, 2017, 08:23 AM

I can recommend the Hotel Golden, having stayed there for 5 nights in 2011. We've booked 5 nights for this May as well. I looked at other hotels for this trip but in the end we decided to stick with the Hotel Golden. It is family-operated and they are incredibly welcoming and helpful. They'll speak English or let you try your Italian. They arrange airport transfers for 50€--2€ more than a taxi and we thought it was a good deal.
I like the location, right by the Borghese Gardens. We walked or took cabs, but using public transportation would be easy.
The hotel is on one floor of a large (apartment?) building and has a small elevator. The rooms and bathrooms are good-sized. This visit we booked Classic rooms, the cheapest, last time we might have had the next category up. The breakfast is typical Italian, way too sweet for me, but lots of choices. Small breakfast room but we never had a problem getting a table.
Old Feb 16th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your feedback. Sounds wonderful.
Andrea
Old Feb 16th, 2017, 03:30 PM

You're welcome! I should mention that there's just a front desk, not a real lobby. For lots more information and opinions, I recommend that you read the reviews on Trip Advisor. Have a great trip!