Hotel Giorgione/Antica Locanda in Venice

Jul 10th, 2001, 01:44 PM
Kandus

Hotel Giorgione/Antica Locanda in Venice

I have a choice of the Hotel Giorgione or the Antica Locanda Al Gambero in Venice. Can anyone recommend either. The recommended hotels on Fodors and Rick Steves are already booked.

Jul 10th, 2001, 06:57 PM
Dona

I've checked out the Hotel Giorgione in Venice because it looked so nice. I haven't stayed there yet but I would certainly consider it. The problem with it is that it's located in a more residential area of Venice and, depending upon how close you want to be to Piazza San Marco, that may make a difference to you. Of course, everything is within walking distance in Venice...

I don't know Antica Locanda Al Gambero.

Dona

Jul 10th, 2001, 07:51 PM
tom

We stayed at Giorgione last march and enjoyed the hotel. Someone on this board calls it "a four star hotel at three-star price". It is clean and nice with good breakfast buffet. Has a computer in the pool room for internet/email for guests. It is about 100 yards from a Vaporatto(sp?) stop and about 15 minutes walk to San Marco Plaza. I don't know about the other hotel you mentioned.
Tom

Jul 10th, 2001, 07:54 PM
tom

The url for Hotel Giorgine is:
http://www.hotelgiorgione.it/venice.htm

Jul 10th, 2001, 07:59 PM
A.M.

I stayed at the Giorgione in April and liked it. Enjoyed the relative quiet of the neighbourhood compared to San Marco, it was very crowded in Venice when we were there. Paid ~210us for corner room with great breakfast.
A.M.