hotel France Invalides or Hotel Prince T. eiffel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in september? Pls help me decide. I know that hotel francee invalides has no A/C, will i need one in sept.
i would like to be near a metro station, walk distance to rue cler, and most important, i really want an easy view of the eiffel tower for evening walks... i thisnk both are in the same vicinity, but which is better? thanks for your help. finding a hotel has been the hardest part .. i'm so excited! thanks for yur input.
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 05:53 PM

Hotel with A/C = Hotel Prince
Hotel nearest metro = Hotel Prince (literally around the corner)
Hotel nearest rue Cler = Hotel Prince (about 100m from one end of it)
Easy to see Eiffel = Hotel Prince (about 200m to step into Champ de Mars)

Get out your map -
Hotel Prince is 66 ave Bosquet, at corner of Place d'Ecole Militaire. Hotel de France Invalides is at 102 bd La Tour-Maubourg, corner of ave de Lowendal (foot of Invalides area).

Now make your hotel commitment before it's too late!
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 07:56 PM

I stay at the Hôtel de France - Invalides all the time in September and have never needed A/C. Don't understand what you mean by "i really want an easy view of the eiffel tower for evening walks." The Tour Eiffel is about a 10-minute walk from the Hôtel de France, if that makes any difference. The Ecole Militaire métro stop is three blocks away, and the Tour Maubourg métro stop is about four blocks. There are also numerous buses in the area. It's about 10 minutes by métro to the first arrondissement, which is the heart of Paris.
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 08:01 PM

I stayed in Hotel France during the last week of July and first week of August. I never needed a.c I had a room on one of the upper floors and with the windows open, i had a nice air flow.

I would definitely recommend Hotel France. I have stayed in many hotels all over Paris and Hotel France has been my favorite. They have a wonderful breakfast in the morning (well worth the extra bucks!!) Also, the hotel was so close to everything. It was within walking distance of the Champs Elysses and Charles de Gaulle Etoile, the Eiffel Tower, Les Invalides, Musee d’Orsay and Ile de la Cite. It was a great experience!!
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 08:03 PM

My hotel in Paris is also the Hotel de France. I was there last week and with the big double windows opened I had to stay under the covers every night. If the hotel had A/C I doubt I would ever have used it in my many summer nights there.

Larry J
Old Jul 16th, 2005, 09:22 PM

I've stayed at the Hotel Prince and can recommend it. I'd also recommend the Grand Hotel Leveque, which is on Rue Cler, very reasonably priced and is air conditioned.
Old Jul 17th, 2005, 08:02 AM
MaureenB

Try the Hotel La Bourdonnais. It has all you want. We stayed this June, and liked it. Click my screen name above, and you will find my trip report of London-Paris-Amsterdam, with specifics about the hotel and its area, plus some restaurants we liked there. Enjoy Paris!

http://www.hotellabourdonnais.com/

Old Jul 19th, 2005, 01:52 AM

You can also have a look at Hotel les Jardins d'Eiffel, they have rooms with view on the Eiffel Tower, it is at walking distance too. It is not far away from Rue Cler. Hotel is clean and the area is very safe. Staff was helpful when I stayed there.
http://www.hotel-jardinseiffel.com

Have a nice stay!
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 03:27 AM

Hi

I agree with all what Travelnut says about the Prince Hotel. We stayed nearby at the cheaper Royal Phare Hotel but I did stick my head in at the Prince Hotel for curiosity. Both are in an excellent location. They meet all your requirements and are excellent value for money. Just next to the metro entry/exit is a supermarket. Have a look at this website to help you choose - http://photos.pagesjaunes.fr

See ya
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 03:46 AM

I haven't stayed there yet but have booked a room at the Hotel de France for 5 nights in October. After making a secure reservation on their website, I immediately received another confirmation e-mail, this time from the receptionist. I liked that extra attention given to me, and am looking forward to my stay. The neighbourhood is excellent, central yet quiet.