Hotel Fouquet's Barriere Paris question

Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Fouquet's Barriere Paris question

Wondering if anyone has stayed at this hotel or is familiar with it and can comment. Thinking of staying here for 2 nights in Paris with our 9 year old daughter. First time trip to Paris and would like a luxurious hotel that is centrally located. The rate here is good in comparison with other 5 star hotels. Had been looking at Le Meurice and Le royal monceau but they are a bit pricier- not drastically, but enough to make a difference. Price for a full suite at Fouquet's is same as price for a junior suite at the others. TIA
Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 09:00 AM

just familiar with where it is, it didn't even open until a couple years ago, not sure what was in that space. It is central, but FWIW, being right on the Champs Elysees (well, really that hotel is just behind Fouquets on ave George V) would be a bit hectic for me (not to mention expensive, their famous cafe is pretty pricey, for example). So if you want to go out at night, places within walking distance are going to be expensive and/or nonexistent as that is kind of a business district just to the south (with the expensive courturiers).

on the other hand, I don't like the location of Raffles, anyway (Royal Monceau), it's not even that close to a metro stop, in case you didn't know. Meurice is better in that regard. I don't know price ranges of those hotels, but did you check the Four Seasons? I like its location better than Fouquets or Royal Monceau. Of course there are tons of luxury hotels, I think I've heard people like a couple around the Meurice (I think that location would be more versatile in various ways)--like the Westin Vendome or the Regina (which isn't luxury though, not sure). The Brighton is a nice hotel nearby, not super luxury but 4*. YOu can get superior rooms there for only around 300 euro or deluxe rooms with special views for 351, they are good size (30-40 m2). If it were me, I"d get a better room in a cheaper hotel, usually you come out ahead. I often stay in one of the hotels in that hotel group, and they are all nice
http://www.esprit-de-france.com/
Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 09:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Christine may have been in suspended animation, because the Fouquet's Barrière opened in 1998. There were just offices above Fouquet's before, and the back side of the building on rue Quentin Bauchart was a Lebanese bank. It was all gutted and restructured to create the hotel

I think it is an excellent location for people with the proper budget, and most visitors find the Champs Elysées interesting at all hours, as well as being convenient for getting anywhere else in Paris.
Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both- a follow up question. When people say a business district, I think of a place that isn't as interesting. For example,the wall street area is not where i want to be in NYC. Is this area really a business district? I thought it was right across the street from the four seasons george V (which, by the way is MUCH more expensive than the ones i've listed. I want to be in a good or central location with regards to some typical tourist sights- the louvre, the champs elysees, the siene, the eiffel tower and notre dame. TIA!
Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 11:21 AM

The Champs Elysées is a mixture of retail and office buildings. In that sense it is a business district but one with many tourists and one which has easy access via bus or métro/RER to anywhere in Paris. Where you want to stay in fine and will be an excellent location.

La Défense would, in my estimation, qualify as a business district void of any interest for tourists.
Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Sarastro!