Hotel Formule 1

Oct 30th, 2003, 04:48 AM
PJI
Original Poster

Hotel Formule 1

We will be taking a major road trip from Sicily to the Anduluca area of Spain in April. A friend told us about the Hotel Formule 1 chain and I was wondering if anyone has stayed in one recently. We will mostly be driving long days and stopping just to sleep and maybe stopping to spend a few days in the areas we wish to visit along the way. For the nights we want to sleep and keep driving we hope to use a Hotel Formule 1. I understand there is no private bathroom. Are the bathrooms large enough to accomodate several people or will I have to wait in line in the morning to shower? Are they easy to locate - such as autostrada signage? We hope to stay in various ones throughout France and Spain. Whenever we need to stop and rest. I realize they will differ, but I was hoping to get some info/feedback on the chain in general from people who have stayed in one.
Oct 30th, 2003, 05:02 AM

You can find out everything you want to know about the Hotel Formule chain at http://www.hotelformule1.com/formule...tre/index.html

The one time I stayed in one, in France, it was very, very basic, but clean and adequate. There was a private bathroom (and as far as I know, they all have private bathrooms).

The website allows you to locate all the hotels. And in France at least, yes, they are easy to locate.
Oct 30th, 2003, 05:24 AM

We stayed in one in the Netherlands (near Heerlen) last year when there was a bit of a delay in getting into our apartment in Germany. No, none of the rooms had private bathrooms. But the public bathrooms were all very clean. The rooms were very basic, having just a sink, bed, tv, chair and small place to hang a few items of clothing. No telephone (there were a couple of phones in the hallway).
The people who ran the Formule 1 we stayed in were very nice. We were lucky in that ours was in a fairly residential area; many of them are in or at the edge of industrial areas. Not a problem if you have a car, but otherwise, you may feel trapped.
We found the people staying at the Formule 1 that we used rather interesting. Many were football fans who came for a game at the nearby Limburg stadium (they were very well behaved fans, no hooligans), some British IT contract workers who slept there during the week, then went home to the UK on week-ends, and so forth.
However, I can't comment at all on the ones in southern Europe.
Oct 30th, 2003, 08:07 AM

If you want a budget hotel with a private bathroom, you might want to try their sister chain, etap hotel (www.etaphotel.com) which are the same concept but with private showers/toilets. Envergure's Premiere Classe budget hotels (http://www.envergure.fr/pclasseen.html) are also very similar but with private facilities.

Search this Thread