Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel du Palais Bourbon or Hotel Muguet in Paris?

Mar 29th, 2001, 10:31 AM
Mike

We'll my selections for a hotel to stay at this summer in Paris have narrowed themselves down to Hotel Du Palais Bourbon and Hotel Muguet. Both are located in the 7th Arr. Can anyone comment on either of these two hotels? I'll be traveling with one other adult and two children ages 4 and 1. We'd like to be withing walking distance of attractions and close to street cafes and markets. We've been looking for hotels in the Latin Quarter and St Germain but have had a difficult time finding a room for 4 people. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Merci

Mar 29th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Terry

have not stayed at the hotel Muguet, but have heard many good things about it on the rick steve's web site and the area in which it is in. I have seen it from the outside and walked about that neighborhood and really liked it. Sorry but haven't heard anything about the Palais Bourbon that I can remember.

Mar 30th, 2001, 03:08 AM
Marisa

We stayed in both and we chose them because they are quiet and there is only a small chance that kids and babies will be there. I am sorry to tell you this but we try very hard to get away from our own kids a couple times a year and by staying in both hotels we are certain of having peace and quiet. If you have to travel with such small kids you will be more comfortable at the Muguet although I still think it is not the best place for kids who need more space than what Muguet has to offer. Palais Bourbon is very strict about any excess of noise so I don't think you will feel comfortable with all guests giving you a look and about complains you hear after many guests will complain to the manager/owner. I wonder what hotel is there where we can take our children (now 11 & 12)next June. Mike, I really don't think you will be happy with those two choices if you decide to take your small children with you. Good luck and let us know.

Mar 30th, 2001, 04:54 AM
elaine

Both hotels often recommended on this forum (you could do a search on each) and also recommended in the current issue of National Geographic Traveler which even has specific room recommendations. Palais Bourbon has been specifically mentioned here
as good for families/groups.

Mar 30th, 2001, 07:26 AM
Lily

We stayed at the Palais Bourbon last October for a week and really enjoyed it. We were fortunate in that the room that we had was the same one pictured in a book that a friend gave me called "Hotels of Character and Charm in Paris." That book is very informative and I would recommend getting a copy. The location of the Palais Bourbon is great; very quiet and close to many things. I'd definitely stay there again. Actually, we ended up staying there because we couldn't get a reservation at the Muguet; however, I think that you'd be happy with either.

Mar 30th, 2001, 07:47 AM
Mike

Thanks for the responses. We've selected the Hotel du Palais Bourbon and are eagerly awaiting our trip in July. This is a great site!!

Thanks again

Mar 30th, 2001, 08:00 AM
wjh

Mike,
We stayed at Hotel Du Palais Bourbon in Oct. 2000 with our 6 and 10 year old children. The staff at the hotel could not have been nicer to our kids. They loved the stay at the hotel. We walked everywhere and our kids loved the toy shop across the street from the hotel!