Hotel Don Giovanni in Prague???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2003, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doing a tour with Grand Circle Travel and staying at the Don Giovanni in Prague. Anyone stayed there that can tell us what it is like. Do they have a good breakfast?? How far from the major sites? Any info would be great. It's our first trip with Grand Circle and we don't know what to expect with hotels and food - we usually travel independently. Thanks
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 02:13 PM

Just stayed there for 3 days in May with Far and Wide Tours. This is a very good hotel. It is not in the central part of Prague, but when you walk out of the door there is a subway that gets you right down to the Old town. The buffet breakfast was very good. I met some other people who were staying here with Grand Circle Tours. I think you will enjoy this hotel as it is very modern and has the amenities that any first class hotel would have.
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 11:29 AM

I stayed there last year 02.
Big rooms,comf. beds,clear bathrooms,
good lighting. hotel is in Prague 2 not
to far from city center but defect. not at walking distance. you can take the
subway or the tram # "2" that will drop
you in front of the municipal house. 10min. later. I prefer the tram, because I could see out the city and be-
cause of safety issues. I was traveling
on my own. buy your tram tickets at the concierge desk. have fun I'm going back next July!!!! love Prague.
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 06:41 PM

We stayed in the Don Giovanni a few years ago. It was very good on all counts. We took under and overground public transport and also walked quite a distance from the hotel. Did some shopping in the neighborhood and found lovely lace curtains in a tiny shop not far from the hotel. A nice reminder of Prague.
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 07:46 PM

We stayed at the Don Giovanni a few years ago. It's a very nice hotel with a very good breakfast buffet. As others have mentioned, it is not in walking distance to the center of the city, but there is a subway station right outside the hotel. You can buy 1-day, 3-day, and 7-day passes for unlimited rides right at that station. It was an excellent deal when we were there and very convenient.
Old Dec 2nd, 2003, 03:13 PM

Hi,
What are the prices for a nice room at this hotel. A room for two adults, with a private bathroom?
thanks