Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Hotel Diana in Lucca; da Baranin B&B in Manarola

Hotel Diana in Lucca; da Baranin B&B in Manarola

Apr 11th, 2000, 03:54 AM
Christopher

Hotel Diana in Lucca; da Baranin B&B in Manarola

Anyone have any experience with these two places? My wife and I are going to Italy in late May and early June this year. We've just started making reservations and are surprised how booked up everything is already, especially in Florence. Many of the hotels recommended by others on this site are already full, including Casci, Hermitage, and Loggiato dei Serviti. We are now thinking it might be better to find something slightly out of the city center and either walk or bus to sites. Any suggestions appreciated on this or other parts of our intinerary.

We are planning to visit Florence for three days, Lucca for two, Cinque Terre for four, and Valle d'Aosta for four or five.

Thanks,

Christopher

Apr 11th, 2000, 08:44 AM
m.shaw

Hi!
We are planning a Fall trip...I was able to do most booking on line or via emails(even Cinque Terre). For Florence have you looked at www.venere.it?There are many Florence hotels...we couldn't get into Loggiato dei Serviti either...had to settle for the Pendini.I rented an apartment in Riomaggiore via the web...There is an excellent Cinque Terre web site(non commercial) the website...is @ sunrise( I found it via a search)sorry I don't have the address. I rented from"Edi"...Found this in Rick Steves book...vey helpful.Check out the venere.it website...Maggie

Apr 11th, 2000, 08:51 AM
js

you should do a search on this forum for the hotels you're interested in...I did last year when i was deciding...there's tons of info on the loggiato dei serviti and pretty much all the other hotels you mention...have a great trip...terrific choice of cities to visit!

Search this Thread