Hotel Deutsches Theater, Munich

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am considering this hotel for a stay for our family of four. It looks OK, the price is good but I'm worried that it might be very noisy, as it appears to share the building with a musical theatre. Has anyone stayed there and can comment on the noise level?

Thanks, PC
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:48 PM
DAX

We saw a musical in that theatre with our kids and had to pass several sex shops to get there. The hotel appeared to be old & plain. I can't tell you about the room or noise level since we didn't stay there.
If you want to be in that train station area, I would recommend the new Le Meridien Hotel which often runs specials for 99 euro incl. breakfast for two. Every room has a large plasma TV and the location is much better & cleaner. It's a block away from the big department stores and there's a U bahn station right in front of the hotel. Hope this helps.
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 01:24 AM
Intrepid

I would second the recommendation of LeMeridien..just stayed there four nights this May. All rooms are sound-proofed and as described above. Across the street from the main Bahnhof/S-Bahn/U-Bahn and tram lines...easy ten minute walk to Marienplatz, less to department stores.
Try to get one of the larger rooms (king sized beds are available, too, and definitely try to get it through one of the discounters if possible.

Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 01:25 AM
Intrepid

As a follow-on...don;t worry about the "sex shops" they are everywhere in parts of downtown Munich and, unlike here, most folks don't give them a second thought..part of the "local charm" I suppose.

Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 02:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks guys. I had been considering Le Meridien (as well as Maritim and Four Points Central), so I think I'll go with your recommendation.