Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Dei Burgognoni in Rome-anyone used this hotel?

Aug 10th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

We're doing 4 nights in Rome and have had this hotel recommended to us by a tour guide in Rome. Before we make the leap of faith here, are any Fodorites familiar with this place? We very much like the location, but want to know from experienced travelers please!
Aug 10th, 2004, 07:47 AM

I have only looked at the Web site, and it looks like an attractive four-star hotel.

But it's called "Dei BOrgognoni".
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

Too many vowels, too little typing skill!
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:47 PM
ciaofornow

Our family lives on Via Bufalo almost across the street from the Dei Borgognoni. The location is superb,a small street, midway between the Trevi and the Spanish Steps. The hotel is very elegant with a charming courtyard. You may wish to request a room facing the coutyard as the street can be a little noisy on summer evenings,(all the happy vacationers)especially if the windows are open. There is a small supermarket next door, the bus stop and an ATM are located in the Piazza San Silvestro.

Aug 10th, 2004, 06:56 PM

My wife and I stayed there for 4 nights in October 1998, and loved it: large room (facing the courtyard) with modern bath, elegant public areas, wonderful location, helpful (if a bit formal) staff.
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

ciaofornow-thank you for your information, we'll be neighbors for 4 days at the end of October. I've requested 2 rooms facing the courtyard and the hotel has guaranteed those. Thanks so much for your help!
Aug 12th, 2004, 03:55 PM
ciaofornow

RandyK, Prego.....Alas, I wish that it were so... while nonna/zio/zia will be in Rome in Oct. we will be here in America. Sigh...