Hotel de Paris VS Hermitage Hotel

Old May 18th, 2000, 10:17 AM
Kirsten

Hotel de Paris VS Hermitage Hotel

We are going to Monte Carlo next month and can't decide which hotel to stay in? Has anybody been to either one? Any advice?

Old May 19th, 2000, 04:32 AM
Mary

They are both beautiful hotels and very expensive. I did have the opportunity to stay at the Hermitage years ago. I would prefer to save my money and enjoy fine dining by staying at less expensive hotels. We spent several nights at the Hotel Alexandra, right around the corner from the Metropole several years ago. The room was large and priced right. Let me know if you'd like me to dig up the address and phone number.

Hope this helps.

Old May 19th, 2000, 04:39 AM
Mary Ann

I agree with the above poster. We had the same problem last year, where to stay on our visit to Monte Carlo. We decided to stay outside the city, in a harbor town, Ville Franche Sur Mer. We had a car and Monaco was about 25 minutes away, Nice about 10. When our husbands saw our terrace overlooking the harbor, they did not want to leave. We paid about $150 for a 3*, 2 rooms with an adjoining bath, TV and the terrace, and excellent restaurant. When we looked into hotels in Monte Carlo, we could not begin to touch in price what we had there. However, the rooms were probably smaller than what you are looking at. Have you tried finding web sites for the hotels, which may help you decide.