Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel de l'Abbaye or Relais St.Germain-Paris Hotels

Sep 10th, 2001, 06:21 AM
Michael

Will be in Paris next month and need some advice regarding the afore mentioined hotels or any othe comparable hotel in the 6th Arr.Is this a very safe area? Are the restaurants and bistro's great in this area. We will only be in Paris 3-4 nights and want a very French experience!

Sep 10th, 2001, 06:26 AM
Mike

Forgot to mention we are looking for hotels in the 150.00-200.00 range. Thanks

Sep 10th, 2001, 06:29 AM
mimi taylor

I love the Hotel de L'abbaye because it is small and intimate. Book a room over the courtyard. It is located on a small quite street. If you can afford it there(Icouldn't) is a room with a private deck for breakfast. We eat in the charming courtyard.

Sep 10th, 2001, 06:43 AM
mimi taylor

Hello Michael, I forgot to add that it is located close to the Bld. St Germain just off the rue de rennes. Forget the private terraces, very expensive. Don't delay booking should you decide to stay there. The last few times we tried to book, they were booked. For a brochure, which pictures garden terrace and bar areas and more along with a request for current prices, fax 01 45 44 38 11. The hotel has 42 chambres but it never seems so, it,s so quite. Bon Voyage!

Sep 10th, 2001, 07:59 AM
AGM/Cape Cod

Michael-
My husband and I stayed at the Relais St. Germain in July. It was a great hotel for us. We got a deluxe double which had a sitting area so it would be more that you want to pay. I am not sure of the prices of the regular rooms but I am sure they are in your price range. The hotel is very conveniently located. We walked everywhere and the metro is just around the corner. We took pictures of the room which was lovely. If you want I could email them to you tonight? The only thing is that it is a small hotel and might already be booked. Enjoy your trip.

Sep 10th, 2001, 08:09 AM
Lynn

Michael - I stayed at the Hotel de l'Abbaye the last time I was in Paris. It is a lovely hotel in a great area. I am a single female and walked around at night and never felt unsafe in that area.

The hotel is totally charming, and as Mimi said, very quiet. The service there is excellent - the staff is very accomodating and helpful. I would absolutely stay there again.