Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Hotel de la Tulipe ...or where to stay in Paris??? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/hotel-de-la-tulipe-or-where-to-stay-in-paris-100463/)

Marcos Velez Jan 15th, 2001 04:10 AM

Hotel de la Tulipe ...or where to stay in Paris???

Well, I am planning a surprise trip for my wife (February 16-20). I have spent the last two weeks browsing all the postings in this forum and occasionally answering some of them. While doing some research, I have found several hotels for which I am trying to get some information. Hotel de la Tulipe has not been mentioned by anyone and so I am wondering if anyone here has actually stayed there before. I already contacted several of the hotels mentioned in the forum and the Buci Latin is available. In case you are wondering, my budget is pretty open (would like to get something for 250 or less). Of course, being that this is our first trip ever to the City of Lights, convenienve and location are PRIME factors. Reccomendations are encouraged, but most importantly, I would like to know why you hated or loved a particular hotel... Thank you so much (and keep the postings coming...I am surprised to find that so many of you share so similar experiences and/or opinions as I do...!) ...Marcos <BR> <BR> <BR>We have travelled to Europe in many occasions and have tried everything from private hotels to chain hotels. In Rome, all the local hotels were good (and we paid for that), while the hotels in London were quite disa[[

Marcos Velez Jan 15th, 2001 04:12 AM

Excuse the last two lines...That was part of another post I was drafting... (and in case you are wonderign how it ends, I was going to say that hotels in London are quite disappointing...I even stayed at the famed Savoy, which REALLY disappointed me...you would think that 300 pounds would get you a GREAT room...not so!)

elaine Jan 15th, 2001 06:06 AM

Hi <BR>I have a file on Paris; if you are interested in seeing it, email me. <BR>As I've been posting a lot recently, last month I stayed at the hotel d'Aubusson in the 6th, and I'll repeat my comments. <BR>Just a few blocks from the left bank end of Pont Neuf. Beautifully decorated, as if it had been redone last week. 5-8 minute walk to either St Michel or Odeon metro stop. 15-20 minute walk to Notre Dame. Provides hair dryers, and amenities like shampoo. They also offer for sale the carte musee (museum pass) with no additional mark-up on the prices. Rooms facing rue Dauphine do get some street noise from traffic or horns, but not terrible. "Superior twin room" was 1550 FF. <BR>Hotel neighborhood charming, many shops and boutiques with fine goods. <BR>

lorne Jan 30th, 2001 07:16 AM

I have stayed at the Tulip hotel on michaudiere near the opera.It was being renovated at that time so should be really nice now. prices were not bad and they served a nice breakfast. rooms were smallish but clean and comfortable.THE bathroom was large.it is centrally located just 10 minutes from the louvre.

Fred Melnick Jan 30th, 2001 05:33 PM

Never been there but people who have said: <BR>2 star hotel with charm <BR>rooms are small but adequate <BR>we and all our friends have enjoyed it <BR>owner speaks excellent english <BR>nothing significant to mention. <BR>be prepared for the smaller than small rooms. <BR>ok if your looking for price and cleanliness. <BR>hotel staff is pleasant and helpful <BR>wonderful small hotel. <BR>For more go to www.anamericaninparis.com <BR>[email protected] <BR>

Nancy Jan 30th, 2001 05:43 PM

Hi Marcos, <BR> Last November, we stayed at the Relais St. Germain and we were very happy. We paid about $250 US (around 1,750 ff I think) per night. Our room was very pretty and was a good size - it had a small sitting area. There is small cafe next door where guests of the hotel can have breakfast - or you can have it brought up to your room. Good amenities - they even have bathrobes and slippers. <BR> The location is on the left bank around the corner from the Odeon metro which we found very convenient. <BR> <BR>Regards, Nancy

Marcos Velez Jan 30th, 2001 07:37 PM

Thank you to all those that responded to my question. I decided on the Hotel Duquesne (23 Duquesne Avenue in the 7th) <BR> <BR>Once again, thank you! <BR>Marcos <BR>