Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel de la Boudonnais in Paris- anyone familiar with it?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2005, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at this hotel in Paris? (It is in the 7th arrondissement on 111 Ave de la Bourdonnais.) What did you think of it? any comments on the location/ nearby "off the beaten path adventures?"
Merci
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 09:57 AM

You can read up while you wait for more comments...

Author: LyndaKaye
Date: 09/09/2004, 04:47 pm Message: We have stayed three times at Hotel de la Bourdonnais. It is a rather small nice hotel. The rooms have been renovated over the past few years. They have a nice breakfast that you purchase for a small price with rolls and coffee. It is in a very convenient place, close to subways, Eifel, etc. Staff is not that friendly, but o.k. Close to Rue Cler. I do not know about the other hotel. Have fun!

Author: BTilke
Date: 07/02/2004, 04:10 am Message: It's been a couple of years since I stayed at the Bourdonnais, but I've walked by it several times since and the salon on the ground floor hasn't been redone...but maybe they have redone the guest rooms.
If you do go with the Bourdonnais, you should *definitely* ask for a street view room, preferably with a view of the Eiffel Tower (example, room 303, which had two double beds [not twins], a large bathroom, real closet and ET view) and get it confirmed in writing (fax or email). The Ave. de la Bourdonnais is usually quiet at night. The non-street view rooms can be small and stuffy and actually noisier as they pick up all the kitchen noise from the hotel's restaurant.

TRIPADVISOR REVIEWS:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...de_France.html
Old Feb 21st, 2005, 01:54 PM

A co-worker stayed there awhile back and liked it very much. She mentioned that the hotel had an excellent restaurant. Subsequently I think I've read good reviews about the restaurant.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 11:40 AM
MaureenB

I have booked a quad room in this hotel for our family this coming June. Expedia has a good price on it. From my research it seems like a good choice and good value. Anyone actually stayed there? Is the restaurant open still?

Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 11:57 AM

I heard somewhere that the restaurant is now closed...maybe someone can verify whether that's true. My comments were included in Travelnut's post above. The location is great; the rooms should be pleasant if they've been renovated--if not, they will seem pretty drab. The room we stayed in a few times, number 303, was fairly spacious and had a nice view of the Eiffel Tower. If it has been renovated, you should like it (when we stayed there, it had a very unimpressive brown and green color scheme). One fun thing about the street view rooms--you get a direct view of the luxury apartments across the street. During one of our stays, one woman threw a very glamourous dinner party, like something out of a chic French movie. She had all the curtains open in her apartment so we discreetly watched the goings on, including a couple sneaking off to have a snog in a bedroom down the hall.