Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Hotel Danube recent experiences? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/hotel-danube-recent-experiences-410312/)

SAB Aug 8th, 2008 11:44 PM

Hotel Danube recent experiences?

We are thinking about staying in the Hotel Danube and I thought I would check to see if anyone had stayed there recently.

kappa Aug 9th, 2008 12:48 AM

Thanks to tag, we can tell it's in France even though you don't say it in the text but which city?

avalon Aug 9th, 2008 04:23 AM

If you mean the du Danube on rue Jacob in Paris, we stay there all the time. The last visit was last November. We always book a superior room as the regulars are small. The location is excellent. And I have always found the staff to be helpful and pleasant. In fact I correspond regularly with one of them. We are booked again for this Nov.

SAB Aug 12th, 2008 01:48 PM

Well I guess even a long time poster can make a rookie mistake--yes Hotel du Danube in Paris. So kappa have you had any recent experience or were you just being the hall monitor?

Thanks avalon, we have reservations for superior rooms. I love the Rue Jacob, before the dollar took a nose dive vis-a-vis the euro, I used to stay at the Millesime, but we needed to be a bit more economical this trip.

kappa Aug 12th, 2008 03:43 PM

I had no idea wheather you are a long time poster or not. Does it matter? Do I detect a sarcasm in your last post or did you forget to thank me? Just trying to be helpful to you and to others. It also at least topped your post. Also I think I wanted to mention the new "tag" fonction.

avalon Aug 13th, 2008 12:59 PM

We also used to stay at the Millesime and also the Angleterre and de Marroniers, but I love the Danube and especiaslly the friendly staff. I guess I'm just a rue Jacob girl

Underhill Aug 13th, 2008 04:14 PM

When are you going? If it's in the summer, check to see whether the Danube now has a/c.

Kristinelaine Aug 13th, 2008 05:21 PM

kappa -- Thanks for drawing attention to the Tag. I hadn't realized this was happening. How does it happen? As poster, do you have to do something special? What do you do?
Kristin

SAB Aug 25th, 2008 08:45 AM

Underhill we are going next May so AC should not be an issue I think. Avalon, how are the Angleterre and de Marroniers, we were thinking about them also?

Christina Aug 25th, 2008 09:02 AM

the tag is exactly what the poster chooses when they initiate a post. It's just the category they say they want to put it under.

Underhill Aug 25th, 2008 02:01 PM

Unfortunately, the tag doesn't show in the post index.

grandmere Aug 25th, 2008 02:14 PM

I stayed in the Marronniers years ago and then again last Oct. It has small, nicely-appointed rooms, and some bathrooms are miniscule. But it's a super location, and the staff were very friendly and helpful last visit, a change from years ago. I had requested a single, which I stayed in for two nights before my trip to Sancerre, and when I returned for the night before my flight home, I was put in a nice double room for a single price. I would stay there again.