COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Hotel danube..Francoise a joy

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 07:34 AM
sandra mannaravalappil

Hotel danube..Francoise a joy

To try and help the many recent questions about the Hotel Danube that have been posted here lately. Maybe this can help, I spent about a montht here last april with my mom. I made my reservations online and corresponded with Severin many times as my mom has a few disabilities and needed special considerations for her, Severin ordered a wheel chair for us and had it waiting att he hotel, it was delivered before our check in . He actualy wrote out his own personal check to pay for it as it arrived before our arrival. When ever we needed a totel, tour or any reservation it was made in a blink of an eye. Days when my mother was feeling under the weather and i went out on my own, the lovely female desk clerk would call and check on her , sewnd her up lite meals or tea.
We stayed in a very large twin room that over looked the street, I can;t rememebr the number but it was peach and huge the picture is on a website. The lobby has a computer so that you can check your email. Especially helpful when you are traveling for a long period of time as I could also pay my bills and acess all my online accoutns.
Now for the best part Franciose, he was the perfect end to avery evening. He always has a song or a joke or some interesting fact to end the night. The lobby also is warm and comfortable and was the center of many spontaneous guest get together while we were there.
The neighborhood is great everything is within walking distance. Is there any drwback to the danube ? yes only one, No air conditioning. That is why I can't stay there this june but any other time the danube is our home away from home. They make you feel like family. Go and enjoy

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 07:42 AM
sp

that's nice.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 07:44 AM
mike

why is this titled hotel danube when you speak of another hotel and some guy named francoise? made a new friend in paris,did you?

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Paris

We were there in 3/22/02 5 nights. We stayed in the apartment overlooking the courtyard. Absolutely love this place.
Severin and Francoise are wonderful and if you would have been there when we were you could have joined us in our salon discussions!!
wILL BE back to Paris in June, thinking of staying at Millesmie since I love rue Jacob so much. PJ

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Maribel

sandra,
I couldn't agree more! We recently spent 9 days in Paris, 5 at the Danube and 4 at a more plush, "splurge" hotel just a few blocks away. For us too, the Danube staff was delightful. I had emailed Severin several times about room selection and restaurant reservations, and he always responded prompty, eagerly, in perfect English and in great detail. He recommended rm 15 to us, after describing several: the very large twin with renovated marble bath on the 4th fl. facing the street, the one in the picture with salmon wallpaper, floral bedspreads and headboards in matching fabric. When he couldn't secure a few restaurant reservations, he made adjustments from our "alternate list" and emailed me prompty about each and every one-the service of a very efficient concierge at a 4 star hotel, although our rm only cost 130 euros per night with VAT. And Francoise was very concerned about a missing bag and called American to make sure they had found it and would deliver it the next day. Francoise, as you said, ended every evening on a fine note with his witty repartee. We gave Nicolette (?), the female day clerk, our laundry/dry cleaning at 9 a.m., and she returned it to us that very evening, elegantly folded and boxed. Genuinely nice and accomodating folks. Although we did really enjoy our final "splurge" hotel, we also felt we could have stayed on perfectly happily at the more "modest" Danube, even despite with the "quirk" of a very hyper-active radiator that required sleeping with windows open. It's the kind of place, comfortable like an old shoe, that one could settle in to for several weeks or even a month. The kind staff (plus fabulous location on the rue Jacob and good value rates) really makes this hotel a fine, moderate choice.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 10:03 AM
FYI

Just for future reference, François is a guy's name; Françoise is a girl's.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Paris

Since we all agree what a treat it is at Danube, I would like some input in what do you think is a good tip to leave Francois and Severin. There were 3 in our party and they did make a couplr reservations. We were 5 nights we gave them 30.00 euro each. Was that appropriate? PJ

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 05:43 AM
betty

Sandra, we too stayed at the Danube. Severin handled several inquiries for us before our arrival,including:
"how's the weather & do we need an unbrella?"

We chose this hotel from the internet because of it's location, price & it's charming appeal. We also had 3 in our party, we wanted an apartment to share room costs. It was a cozy 2 rooms not huge but more than adequate with a marble bath; the room overlooked a courtyard that was still in the process of restoration.

Severin greeted us with a warm smile on the morning of our arrival, he was more than helpful with our luggage & directions. From this charming hotel we were minutes from the metro, minutes from several wonderful restaurants & quaint shops; we walked everywhere!

A couple of evenings were spent in conversation with Francois who was an absolute delight! He eagerly shared his insight & wit with us; we laughted & enjoyed every single minute.

The staff at Hotel Danube were so pleasant & welcoming there is no question of where I will stay on my next visit. It truely was an enjoyable experience. I recommend it highly.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Paris

ttt for Betty and Francois