Hotel d'abusson. Relais Christine or Luxembourg Parc

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this was discussed one year ago, but thought someone has new thoughts since last year. I had friends stay at Relais Christine, and am reserved there just in case, but some liked it, others did not. I think the D'abusson is closeby, but the L/Parc is a ways away. Price not being an issue, as the 3 are about the same, which would be the better choice?
Loved the location of Relais St. Suplice, but want something a bit more upscale.
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 09:28 PM

I haven't stayed at any of these hotels. But judging from the excellent comments and the email responses from the staff I would choose the Luxembourg Parc. It's not that far from Blvd. St. Germain. I read some mixed reviews about Relais Christine. For that $ I'd book a deluxe room at the Luxembourg Parc.
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 05:01 AM

We've stayed at both Relais Christine and Hotel d'Aubusson and found the rooms at Relais Christine to be much more charming and luxurious. If the price is the same I would definitely pick Relais Christine, which is usually considerably more expensive than the d'Aubusson.
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 10:20 AM

We have stayed at Relais Christine three times and the D'Aubusson twice. While both hotels have the same wonderful location and are rated about the same, if I can get a decent price at Relais Christine, I stay there. Otherwise, I opt for the standard room at the D'Aubusson and hope for an upgrade. I don't think you can go wrong with either of these hotels...I give a slight edge to Relais Christine. Mainly we like to relax and have a drink in the lobby area which has an honor bar and is very comfortable after a busy day walking the streets of Paris. Also, Relais Christine has a computer for free e mail access in the lobby, and my husband appreciates checking his e mail a couple of times a day.
I have never stayed at the Luxembourg Parc, but I prefer the locale of the others.
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I think I will take your suggestions and stay at Relais Christine. I am just getting tired of for days on end for a nice Hotel in Paris, as each time we go, we have moved around. The Intercontinental and others are nice on the right bank, but there is just so much shopping you can do at Rue St Honore. The Lancaster is nice, but don't like the area, I like the area around St. Suplice, but the Hotels there are just a bit dated, but all in all , ASt. Germaine seems to be the best area for me.
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 01:23 PM

Another vote for Relais Christine, although I would caution you to peek at the room you're assigned before taking it. There's a huge discrepancy in size, charm, and layout of rooms at Relais Christine, so definitely ask to see it first! Other than that, absolutely love the honor bar, the fine location, and the lovely restaurant next door which is called CHRISTINE, but not affiliated with the hotel.

Old Jun 20th, 2005, 06:55 PM

If you like the area, the Luxembourg Parc is only a few streets away from St-Sulpice, right across from the Luxembourg Gardens. I too prefer that neighborhood and find the rue Dauphine area a bit too busy and crowded, so I would be inclined to choose the Luxembourg Parc rather than the Aubusson or Relais Christine.