Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Corvinus on Mariahilfer Strasse or Pension City near Stephansplatz in Vienna

Search

Hotel Corvinus on Mariahilfer Strasse or Pension City near Stephansplatz in Vienna

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've narrowed my search to these two hotels in Vienna for July - Hotel Corvinus on Mariahilfer Strasse or Pension City near Stephansplatz. They are the same price (€60). They are the same distance from a Uban stop. Normally I would jump at the one in the inner area but for some reason the one on Mariahilfer Strasse seems better and I can't figure out why I feel that way. I will be there five days and will take at least one day trip out of the city, plus visit Schönbrunn,etc. Shopping is not a top priority but I will want to buy inexpensive foods and such (both hotels have minifridges). Mostly I'll be wandering the streets taking photos, seeing the major sites, but also like to see less touristy areas.

They both get decent reviews on TA and I can't seem to find anyone here who has stayed there. Can anyone offer insights that might help me decide. Thanks
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 06:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We stayed at a place near Corvinus, and found the location to be fairly handy. If you wind up there, ask about 2 nearby restaurants: a) Centimeter b) something near it in an atrium setting named ?
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

tomboy - Thanks. Was the area easy to walk to most things from? Were there lots of inexpensive eateries and grocery stores. I'm sure either location would be fine, it's just both hotels are about equal so it comes down to location. First I'm leaning one way, then the other. Just like to hear people's opinions on both areas.
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 07:28 AM

I always wonder things turn out.

I have a reservation for the Pention City for November and would like feed back.

So if Isabel (above) or anyone else has visited these 2 pensions recenlly I would like their oppinions.
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Original Poster

I'm leaving next week. I have a reservation at Pension City so I'll write a report when I get back. But I had to make a minor change to my reservation last week (I had booked in a couple months ago) and they were very accommodating and emailed me right back. So that's a good sign (I hope).