Reload this Page >

Hotel convenient To airport in Zurich

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 1999, 04:05 PM
Howard

I have an early flight out of Zurich for the US. in July. I would like a recommendation on a hotel at or near the airport or one with convenient transport to the airport. Since this is for one night, luxury is not required.

Old Apr 19th, 1999, 04:30 PM
s.fowler

I stayed at the Zurich Airport Hilton on my way out of Skopje last month. It wasn't cheap, but it did have a courtesy van. There are a number of other hotels near the airport that also have a courtesy van. Here's a site that may help: http://www.travelnow.com/europe/swit...ch_hotels.html

Old Apr 20th, 1999, 05:07 AM
Bob Brown

I stayed at the Hotel Welcome Inn last summer before flying out early the following morning. It was convenient, with sign directing us from Kloten to the airport itself. I was not enthralled with the hotel. <BR>The rooms were typical with two single beds and comfortable enough. My problems arose because the room was hot, even if was October, and we had to open the windows. Street noise, e.g. loud shouting, woke us up about 4 AM. <BR>The cost for 2 was about $105. <BR>There are other hotels around, but whether or not they are an improvement, I don't know.

Old Apr 20th, 1999, 06:03 AM
Anna

Don't stay near the airport, stay near the train station. Trains leave approximately every 20 minutes to the airport. The cost is 5.40 SF one way. We stayed at the Hotel Leonhard Zurich, just over the Bahnhofbrucke from the station (less than a 5 minute walk). We had a double with bath for 175 SF in October. Not cheap, but it allowed us to explore Zurich on our last afternoon/evening in Switzerland. I had originally planned on staying at the Welcome Inn, but others from this board persuaded me to stay near the station.

Old May 4th, 1999, 06:21 PM
Dave

Don't stay near the airport. Stay near the Bahnostraffse. My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Helmhaus both arriving and leaving Zurich. Pricey, but worth it. You can walk along the Limmat River or the Bahnofstraffse and enjoy window shopping and the terrific restaurants. Incredible rooms. The hotel provides breakfast from 7 - 10 AM. When we told the desk clerk that we would need to leave the hotel by 5:15 they said "no problem". The night clerk made breakfast for us and had a cab waiting while we ate. In the early morning, the cab ride to the airport is not much more than 10 minutes. -Dave-

Old May 4th, 1999, 08:04 PM
John

I stayed at the Hotel Welcome last november. It was clean and convenient and they spoke great english. I was at the end of my trip and a 7 hour car ride from Italy at 9:00PM, lost in the Zurich streets, I was glad to stumble on to it. <BR>It was cheap as I remember, about $65 for a single.

Old May 5th, 1999, 08:13 AM
lynne

We stayed at the Hotel Fly Away very near the airport. $75/night included breakfast. Very nice accommodations and clean. Free shuttle to the airport. Less than a five minute ride. Also, it was very quite at night. We didn't even hear jets overnight and we slept with the window open. 2 resturants in the hotel.

Old May 12th, 1999, 09:32 AM
Marla

Howard, <BR>We stayed at the Fly Away Hotel last Friday night and it was fine. The hotel is very near the Kloten train station and they do have a free airport shuttle. Unfortunately, we had to be at the airport by 5:45 am and the shutttle doesn't start running until 6:00 am. To get to the airport via train would have required us to go back to Zurich HB, change trains, and on to the airport. We opted for a taxi. The hotel arranged it for us, we shared it with another couple and it cost about 15 CF for the two of us. The a/c wasn't turned on yet, but it was cool, so that wasn't a problem. And although the flight pattern at the airport is directly over the hotel, the planes quit flying at promptly 10:00 pm. Email me if you have any questions.