Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Continental Palacete in Barcelona?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2004, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know how the Hotel Continental Palacete in Barcelona is? I'm considering staying there this September.

Thanks!
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 09:41 AM

We stayed at this hotel 1 month ago. I would definitely recommend it. We booked a room with a terrace and had a good view. It was very quiet and there is a 24 hr continental buffet with drinks and coffee. I would stay there again.
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Original Poster

Any recommendations of good places to eat around there? Thanks so much!
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 07:54 PM

What kind of restaurants are you looking for? Ciudad Condal is a good one just 1 to 2 blocks towards the ramblas in the same street, I think (rambla catalunya). We also had tapas at Txapela , a basque restaurant, it was very good and reasonable . It is around the corner of Passeig Gracia and Gran Via. My 13 year son loved the txacoli which is the basque equivalent of sangria. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the information. I was asking for reasonably priced restaurants with authentic Spanish Cuisine (Paella and Sangria are my favorites!). I will check out the places you mentioned.
I can't wait to go. Since we only have one day there, we will probably go on the Hop off/Hop on double decker bus. I did that when I went to Madrid and it was the best thing to do when you are really jet lag but don't want to miss a thing.
Thanks again.
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 08:20 AM

Hop on hop off bus tour is a good way to go if you have limited time in Barcelona. We were there for 4 days so we took the blue route one day and the red route the next day.If you have only one day, you can take the whole tour that day although you might be a little rushed. You can board the bus in front of El Corte Ingles at the Placa Catalunya. This is just 2 to 3 blocks from the Hotel Continental Palacete. You can buy the tickets directly at the bus.