Reload this Page >

Hotel Colonna in Rome

Search

Hotel Colonna in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 05:34 PM
Ayreen

Hotel Colonna in Rome

Hi! Has anyone stayed at hotel Colonna in Rome. It seems like a nice hotel. Is it located at an ideal area? How about noise?

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 06:02 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Ayreen <BR>Have not stayed at the Colonna Palace, <BR>however sm familiar with the area. <BR>It is located in a small Pza about <BR>two blocks north of the Rotunda, a <BR>block west of the Corso and it is in <BR>a very good walking distance, Vatican <BR>(approx 20) mins, Spanish Steps about <BR>the same, Pza Navona about 5 to 8 mins. <BR>Rome as well as any major cities you <BR>will find that the street side rooms <BR>can be rather noisy, would suggest, if <BR>you ask for a rear room and will find <BR>it much quieter. The Colonna Place is' <BR>a four star hotel with 105 rooms..... <BR>Richard of La Grange Park, Il. <BR>Don't miss the coffee shop, Tassa di <BR>Oro on the Via Orfani just before getting to the Pza delle Rotunda.. <BR>rjv

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 12:47 PM
Carol

Hi Ayreen, <BR> <BR>I stayed there as part of an Alitalia package in February at an extraordinarily low price. It's a very nice hotel with a lovely roof terrace where you can eat breakfast in warm weather. The room we had was not very fancy but roomy by European standards with a large modern bathroom. One of the best things about the hotel is that it's on the same grand piazza as the Italian Chamber of Deputies and they have made it a pedestrian zone--no traffic! I had requested a very quiet room and they gave us one in the back. It was quiet even though we kept the windows slightly ajar. I don't think any of the rooms are on side streets. They're either on the piazza or in the back. Feel free to ask more questions.

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 12:49 PM
Carol

BTW, the hotel is two minutes from the Via del Corso, 5 minutes from the Pantheon, the Trevi and the Piazza Navona, 10 minutes from the Spanish Steps, and 15 minutes from the Piazza del Popolo and campo dei Fiori--fabulous location.

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 04:09 PM
Ayreen

Hi Carol! <BR> <BR>Thank you for the input on the Colonna Palace Hotel. <BR>I was wondering if you took the train or taxi to the <BR>hotel? A friend of mine said it could run up to $100 <BR>to take the taxi, but most info I am getting is around <BR>$35 to $50 for taxi on the average. <BR> <BR>Also, do they really turn off the airconditioning at <BR>midnight? Does the temperature drop drastically <BR>during the night time? We're going there on August <BR>when it is really hot and humid. <BR> <BR>Once again, Thanks! <BR> <BR> <BR>Ayreen <BR>