Hotel Choices in Paris

May 14th, 2001, 02:35 PM
Kathy

Hotel Choices in Paris

Hi All!
In late October my cousin & I will be in Paris for about a week. (Minimum of 7 days & perhaps as many as 10). We were wondering if anyone has had any experiences with any of the following hotels: Residence Lord Byron, Arc Elysee or Hotel Mayflower? Any recommendations/advice/raves/horror stories would be appreciated.
Merci Beaucoup,
Kathy

May 14th, 2001, 04:29 PM
topping

topping

May 14th, 2001, 05:44 PM
joe gardner

we loved hotel de la tulipe (rue malar -spelling?), about $80, small, beautiful, near the eifel tower

May 14th, 2001, 05:57 PM
Kathy

Thank you, Joe. Price & location both sound great. I appreciate your recommendation.

Jul 20th, 2002, 06:21 AM
cafe114

I have stayed at at RLB twice and found it just fine. The location is fantastic for the money. I am returning in October. I prefer their garden rooms.

Jul 24th, 2002, 08:43 AM
matt

Kathy,
For your length of stay, have you considered renting an apt?
www.psrparis.com/hotdeals.htm

PSR has some great deals for August and perhaps they may also be offering good rates when you're planning to go.

Jul 24th, 2002, 09:31 AM
kate

I stayed at the Hotel Ferrandi, 92 rue de Cherche Midi, last fall with my boyfriend. The room was small but very pretty, the price was very good (about 880f), the service was good and the location was great - a little south of the touristy part of the 6th, on a side street that's feels a bit residential (in a good way), but still very convenient - very close to the Bon Marche - and close to several metro stops.

For that length of time you might also want to check out the Citadines Apartment/Hotel chain - they have about 10 locations in Paris, varying prices. They offer studios and 1 bedroom flats, with cooking facilities, laundry etc. No character or charm whatsoever, but good prices for the size of the rooms and you can save additional money by preparing some of your own meals. The studios (a bedsitting room, bath and kitchen) are large enough for two - the beds fold up during the day, creating more space. The price goes down the longer you stay.