Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Castille rue Cambon - for 3 people?? booking today...

Notices

Old Apr 29th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're trying to decide between Citadines Louvre apartment (accomodating but lacking on charm) and the Hotel Castille on rue Cambon. Problem is, we can't get a clear understanding on Castille room size.

Has anyone stayed in the Castille? Their website lists a suite, whereas hotels.com calls it a "triple". Are we going end up in one of those rooms with 3 twins and no room for anything else, or is it a suite (more than one room)?

Any help today (Saturday) would be most appreciated! Thanks!
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 11:11 AM

It's my understanding the Citadines hotels tend to be very basic. The Castille looks like a very glamorous hotel.

http://www.castille.com/master.php?id1=27&id2=
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Yes that's true, the Castille is a much more attractive property. That's why we were surprised at the rate we've found, and are concerned it might be for too small of a room. (avg. $456/night compared to $334/night for the spartan Citadines...)
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 06:55 PM

Ask the hotel what the bed configuration will be and what the room dimensions are.
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Travelnut, we called both hotels.com (nice but clueless) and the reservations number for Preferred Hotels, of which the hotel is a part. Unfortunately as both are stateside, neither could be certain what the rooms are like - but we decided to wing it and splurge on the hotel. We've had to change our lodging plans at the last minute as my BF's sister is now joining us, and we leave in less than two weeks.

We're just not young enough any more to enjoy 6 nights of twin beds lined up in a row (though we all did plenty of that sort of thing as students!).

I think tomorrow I'll call the hotel directly and confirm the room config as you suggested, even if it's a bit backwards to do so after we've booked! (Better now than after a long flight next Thursday...) Thanks!